TEGNA Blacks Out DISH Customers in 38 Markets

My Dad's going to be terribly disappointed. We have WFAA (ABC) blacked-out and they have the Texas/OU game today. They don't have an OTA antenna. ...

I bet your dad was throwing fits after that big upset, presuming he didn't see it live. He's not alone I'm sure. If he has WatchESPN available, the replay is up now. Even better, Longhorn Network (dish 407) has a replay at 10 PM CT tonight and twice tomorrow at 8:30 AM (2 hours) and 7 PM (3 hours).

My dads going to be pissed as the NASCAR race is on NBC tonight

Considering Charlotte's the home of NASCAR, and our NBC affiliate was one of the ones blacked out, I expect the switchboard @ WCNC (and sadly, Dish) will be having a busy night tonight and again tomorrow when the race runs. (Just got postponed because of the steady rain we've had all day)

Thankfully, the OTA is still working nicely, so I'm good either way!

EDIT...Looks like the NASCAR fans get a reprieve. Just saw that the re-scheduled race will be broadcast over on NBCSN tomorrow instead of NBC.

Considering Charlotte's the home of NASCAR, and our NBC affiliate was one of the ones blacked out, I expect the switchboard @ WCNC (and sadly, Dish) will be having a busy night tonight and again tomorrow when the race runs. (Just got postponed because of the steady rain we've had all day)

Thankfully, the OTA is still working nicely, so I'm good either way!

EDIT...Looks like the NASCAR fans get a reprieve. Just saw that the re-scheduled race will be broadcast over on NBCSN tomorrow instead of NBC.
That tells me that NBC isn't behind the greed monster. The rescheduled race moves from an NBC franchise to a cable channel...

The F1 race is live at 0700 eastern on NBCSN. Pre-empting the replay in the afternoon for NASCAR likely isn't a problem for them. I'd argue the NASCAR race would get higher ratings.

NBC has nothing to do with this.
Tegna owns multiple stations that are affiliated with all three networks. ABC, NBC, CBS,and FOX.
It's well know that these large media corporations have changed their business model to try and grow their revenue through upped carriage fees instead of creating watchable programming that advertisers want to sponsor.
I hope the FCC gets off their a$$ and puts a stop to these crazy demands by greedy corporations.

Well I got around the Tegna bullsh*t. I "moved" to Houston and regained an ABC and NBC station with guide data and only lost a CBS station. For the CBS station I used my ota CBS from Beaumont with full guide data. So I only had to build timers for CBS shows. So they can keep them off for the long term and it won't effect me.

Reactions: Tampa8 and dishdude
NBC has nothing to do with this.
Tegna owns multiple stations that are affiliated with all three networks. ABC, NBC, CBS,and FOX.
It's well know that these large media corporations have changed their business model to try and grow their revenue through upped carriage fees instead of creating watchable programming that advertisers want to sponsor.
I hope the FCC gets off their a$$ and puts a stop to these crazy demands by greedy corporations.
I love the term " Greed"
And I love how some of yous only refer to "Greed" as coming from the Networks.

Demanding more money is Greed,
But DISH Network refusing to make less profit /pay more is not Greed???

I'll Remember come spring when DISH demands more money out of me and profits are at another record high.

I have a question about this. My wife is furious that NBC in our local market is down. If I were to "move" to DFW, then we would lose ABC. Can someone post a link to the page where you put in your zipcode and it gives you spotbeam information? Thanks!

Had some problems a year ago and lost tv for a few weeks. It broke my CNN habit and I have not watched more than 3-4 hours of CNN since them. Hopefully, this will do the same thing for me with a couple of the networks. It is surprisingly refreshing to have to change habits.

This is abit of an oversimplification but satellite must carry basically says that if a provider carries one full powered station in a market all others can either demand uncompensated carriage (if their signal can be received by the satellite provider )or ask for compensation. It is clear that Tegna is requesting compensation.

Reactions: 120inna55
I was just chatting online with Dish 5 minutes ago and they said that they had JUST received word that an agreement had been reached and channels would be returning momentarily.

Reactions: dishdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts