Tegna dispute IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I couldn’t even find anything about their DirecTV renewals online!
But they have two former Bally teams, the Suns (NBA) and Mercury (WNBA), so they might demand higher rates for their stations to cover the sports costs whenever their contract comes up.
YouTubeTV dropped KTVK (Suns) last week. So much for bickering about RSNs. Now it’ll be the local channels.

I can’t check right now, but are any of you seeing INFO/ALERT channels for Tegna in the guide? Another friend is telling me he isn’t seeing any for his area, and I’m not seeing any when I filter the guide on my Stream app to all channels.

I can’t check right now, but are any of you seeing INFO/ALERT channels for Tegna in the guide? Another friend is telling me he isn’t seeing any for his area, and I’m not seeing any when I filter the guide on my Stream app to all channels.
NOT In the guide not yet . Probably closer to the blackout date

Last edited:
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
3f13baa8be81c43843426f0bc3e94c00.jpg

Here is a list of their stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the negotiations are going better as well. I only saw a crawl twice last night during the second half of MNF.

And you what? It just says "I" at the end, lol

This is from the TV Promise page for my local:

Service updates for DIRECTV in Toledo OH

The owner of your local CBS station WTOL is TEGNA Inc., a major broadcaster headquartered in Virginia. TEGNA Inc. has decided to make a private negotiation public to create unnecessary and premature concern among our Toledo OH customers to try to extract higher rates for WTOL.

Unfortunately, that’s become the industry norm as the costs to retain free local stations have soared more than 20 percent yearly despite declining popularity and less compelling content.

We will continue to meet our Toledo OH, customers’ demands for greater choice and value. We will do our utmost to shield them from unwarranted price hikes as we work with TEGNA Inc. to renew WTOL without interruption.

I would imagine its the same for every one with your station inserted.

you're right, here's the one for Harrisburg since if you enter a Scranton ZIP code it still has the message about the Mission dispute:
The owner of your local FOX station WPMT is TEGNA Inc., a major broadcaster headquartered in Virginia. TEGNA Inc. has decided to make a private negotiation public to create unnecessary and premature concern among our Harrisburg-Lancaster PA customers to try to extract higher rates for WPMT.

Unfortunately, that’s become the industry norm as the costs to retain free local stations have soared more than 20 percent yearly despite declining popularity and less compelling content.

We will continue to meet our Harrisburg-Lancaster PA, customers’ demands for greater choice and value. We will do our utmost to shield them from unwarranted price hikes as we work with TEGNA Inc. to renew WPMT without interruption.

As long as Gray doesn't get into a pissing match down the line I'm OK :)
(all our nets are Gray owned. CBS, FOX, NBC...we have no ABC in the Mankato market)
This kinda boggles the mind. The government is super worried if one entity owns more than one national broadcaster (or too many cable channels), but they'll allow a single entity to own all the stations that transmit those national broadcasters within a single DMA. Go figure

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
This kinda boggles the mind. The government is super worried if one entity owns more than one national broadcaster (or too many cable channels), but they'll allow a single entity to own all the stations that transmit those national broadcasters within a single DMA. Go figure
There are rules that allow them to do it. As long as its a subchannel or a low powered station they are fine
KEYC CBS 12-1
KEYC FOX 12-2
KMNF-LD1 NBC 7-1
We have CW+ on 7-2 and other subs on 7-3, 12-3, 12-4 and 12-5
Before digital all we had was CBS. The one drawback is the news is basically the same and unless you have cable or satellite you're kinda out of luck with news. I can watch Minneapolis news online if I do desire.

Small markets its kinda like that where one entity owns everything in town due to subchannels and low powered stations. Other examples are Presque Isle, Maine (no ABC in market), Lima Ohio (full market) and Parkersburg, WV (no ABC).

Just 12 hours to go until we may not have Tegna stations. Tegna's "Keep My Local TV" websites are still saying November 30th as an expiration date, so unlike the last dispute, it doesn't look like we've come to an extension...yet.

I haven't watched the Local CBS (here) Tegna much, but I haven't seen the dreaded Crawl across All Programming like it use to be ....
I'm gonna say they don't pull it ... just a guess .

Maybe they Keep negotiating and not pull seeing the may be making progress .... Nah, thats how they USE to do things, that would Never work in this world !!!

Fwiw, I looked to see what Might be on the channel this weekend ...
Saturday - SEC Championship game
Sunday - NFL - Arizona vs Pittsburgh

So, there are important viewing over the weekend.

I haven't seen the crawl here on all the ABC programming either.
Also, there isn't even an "Important Information about your ABC Station" channel.
There also is important viewing over the weekend as well:
Saturday - Big 12 championship game
American Athletic Football Championship
ACC Football Championship
Sunday - 2 Women's CBB games (South Carolina @ Duke 1pm, Connecticut @ Texas 3pm)

Status
Please reply by conversation.