Industry Canada has approved:
a) DTV1R move to 72.5 to replace DTV1
b) DTV1 then will be moved to 91 to replace DTV2
c) DTV2 then to be deorbited by DirecTV

Industry Canada has approved:
a) DTV1R move to 72.5 to replace DTV1
b) DTV1 then will be moved to 91 to replace DTV2
c) DTV2 then to be deorbited by DirecTV

Some oldies but goodies eh? Wonder if the footprint is going to change? Do you have links to this somewhere?

I found a bunch of info on the Echostar birds in the SEC filings recently but I can't seem to find out that much info about the D* birds except for what is listed on www.sat-index.com Anyone else have any information?

It's amazing how we just talk about them shuffling satellites in such a cavalier fashion. It's still hard for me to fathom how they can move such a device which is so far away into a very precise orbit in such way that you don't even notice an interruption in programming...........very cool!

What will this mean for signal strengths in the Southern US (Los Angeles)? Will this further reduce the number of channels available down here?

Only time will tell unless someone has some technical data available on this bird.

According to this website: http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/directv-1.htm

Directv 1 has 16 120 watt transponders, while Directv 2 has 8 240 watt transponders. It looks like Directv 1 will be lower powered, unless the transponders can be reconfigured. As for the footprint, we will just have to wait until the switch is made.

Which Bell sat is weaker?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)