Television and Projector Deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
4K TV Deals of the Week

Seems to apply to all or most retailers:

Samsung UN55F9000AFXZA: $2999
Samsung UN65F9000AFXZA: $4499
Sony XBR65X850A : $4499
Sony XBR55X850A : $2999
Sony XBR65X900A : $4999
Sony XBR55X900A : $3499
LG 65LA9650 : $4499
LG 55LA9650 : $2999
LG 55LA9700 : $3999
Sharp LC-70UD1U : $4999
Toshiba 65L9300U : $3999

S~

As of now, only Sony offers 4K content through its Video Unlimited Service and the FMP-X1. The X1 only works with Sony televisions. Sonys will upgrade their firmware to HDMI 2.0 in probably December. Samsung will be offering the One Connect kit sometime in 2014.

S~

Forgot to mention:

The Sony 65X900a comes with the media server for the $4999 price. This puts it at the same price as the 65X850a and the media server.

S~

I'm thinking of giving the 65X850 a try. The 900 doesn't work for me because of the size with the speakers on the side.

S~

I'm thinking of giving the 65X850 a try. The 900 doesn't work for me because of the size with the speakers on the side.

S~

Take a look around, I haven't kept up on the model numbers for them, but the 900 is the first one of the Sony's I saw, since then they came out with a much better looking one, don't like the exposed speakers on the 900 at all.

There is a company out of Ann Arbor that makes , basically speaker grills for that type of thing, they do a lot of other things as well, making your TV look like it blends in the wall would be the best way to describe it, I saw thier work at a Local A/V show I was at last week.

Been looking at the 850, the model without the side speakers. The 900 is 6" too wide for where I would like one to go. The 850 fits perfectly with room to spare.

S~

Been looking at the 850, the model without the side speakers. The 900 is 6" too wide for where I would like one to go. The 850 fits perfectly with room to spare. S~

Does Sony upgrade hdmi 2.0 via firmware update?
You may find a good package deal with the sony server.

The hardware is already in place. They just need to enable all of the features through the firmware update. The 65X900 is the one that has the best deal with the free media server for 4999. As I said earler, the 850 with the media server is the same price as the 900 with the media server. Not much of a deal on that one.

S~

Not really anything outstanding, but ive been looking for a 2nd football tv. We have been using a 32" panny lcd for 4 years now and ive been wanting something larger. My dad lives off insignia and Ive been impressed by hist last two, so i grabbed a 39" 1080p LED LCD Insignia this AM from bbuy for $249 (reg $349). Be a nice upgrade for football and the bedroom. Also takes the Roku stick, so Im very happy about that.

For $250 bucks this Insignia is a pretty nice little LCD. PQ is good, I broke out my meter and while it doesnt have grayscale and CMS adjustments, I was able to reign in it pretty well using color, tint, color temp, backlight, contrast and brightness adjustments. Also used spears and munsil to find the right mode for no overscan and set sharpness.

The 2nd HDMI port is MHL so I plugged my Roku stick in and it works like a champ. It came with a rebate and I was able to get $20 off a roku stick and remote, so I went ahead and ordered a second on to keep in the bedroom. TV handles 720p, 1080i and 1080p/24 just fine. For $310 I ended up with a good looking 39" LED LCD and Roku, I certainly cant complain at this point.

I went into Best Buy today for the first time in a couple of months. All Panasonics had been removed from the floor and the only trace they had been there was an empty 3-d kiosk.

Even more disturbing was that it seemed that Sharp, Vizio and Insignia figured prominently on their wall with a few LGs in the corner and a single Sony off to the side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)