Tell Directv to add FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Of course, the PQ for the Arsenal v Man Utd is the worst I've seen in the last 3 years :rolleyes:

Hate to start this up but for those who hate soccer, the Arsenal v United match is usually a good one to watch. It may change your mind.
Great game in the usual crappy SD. This match was supposed to be broadcast by Sky sports in 3D to select pubs in Britain. Hopefully the PQ was better than that of D*.

I guess I am in the boat to add the Fox Soccer HD channel even though I watch little soccer. I am a die-hard NFL guy who watches American Football religiously!

However, every few years I do turn on the World Cup and watch every game I can of that soccer tourney! Anyone who doens't recognize the appeal of soccer to not only the USA, but those who live in this country and are from another, are simply fooling themselves! Soccer is the most recognizable/played sport in the world and so it appeals to masses. The World Cup is Awesome and I can't wait for it this summer!

I know nothing about the UEFL or Euro leagues or whatever they are. Hell, they confuse me! But I do cheer for the US soccer team and this is their opprtunity this year in the World Cup to prove something! If they ever appear on the FOx Soccer Channel I sure would hate to watch it in SD or the SD that D* is putting out now.

I think D* will add the channel sometime this year. It has mass appeal to many subscribers. Will I watch it alot? no. But hell, I have never seen a single program on the Travel Channel either......Guess I am on the sports side of things!
Since DirecTV is a US TV provider, it doesn't matter how popular things are world wide, it only matters how popular something is within the market they provide programming. Soccer is not that popular in the US, so I doubt a soccer channel will be that popular on DirecTV

The real Football

Soccer is getting very popular, Im american and i cant take baseball ( too slow), american football ( to many comercials)....

FSC HD will be on Dish this week.

All the europeans, latin americans, orientals, africans, etc, etc that live here in the US plus all the americans that do like the sport will be happy with FSC HD......

Don't hate, .....congratulate....

It doesn't matter what you or I as an individual likes; the only thing that matters to a provider is return on investment (total of all individuals). If there is a large enough market to offset the cost, at the expense of other channels as well, then they may add it. If not, then they probably won't. The fact remains, soccer on TV here in the US (the region in which DirecTV covers) is nowhere near as popular as several other sports.

It has nothing to do with hating.

All of these sports have more viewers in DirecTVs coverage area than Soccer (not exactly in order of popularity):

NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA (football and basketball), NHL, NASCAR, Golf, Tennis, WNBA, WNCAA, WWE (not really a sport).

Soccer is getting very popular, Im american and i cant take baseball ( too slow), american football ( to many comercials)....

FSC HD will be on Dish this week.

All the europeans, latin americans, orientals, africans, etc, etc that live here in the US plus all the americans that do like the sport will be happy with FSC HD......

Don't hate, .....congratulate....

I agree with you on most of your observations...just don't call Asians "Orientals", unless you want your butt kicked! ;)

Objects are "oriental"...people are "Asian". I'm not Asian myself, but figured I'd offer some free advice. :)

To deliver this channel in HD on DirecTV they need two things.
1. An agreement with the channel
2. Transponder bandwidth

DirecTV may even have an agreement. But until the DirecTV12 satellite starts transmitting (early/middle of March maybe?) there's no available bandwidth so it's probably not going to happen until then. I suspect that's what TDK is referring to.

The "no available bandwidth" issue is just something people say. Now that the NFLST is pretty much over with for a while I'm sure they have some bandwidth back if they were totally maxed out, which I really doubt they were in the first place.

They just don't feel like adding FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD right now.

The "no available bandwidth" issue is just something people say. Now that the NFLST is pretty much over with for a while I'm sure they have some bandwidth back if they were totally maxed out, which I really doubt they were in the first place.

They just don't feel like adding FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD right now.

Sorry, not true. They will be into March Madness soon on the temporary channels. There are several new HD channels waiting for DirecTV12.

I hope this rumor is true!

@GrantWahl (twitter) 2/8
Source: Fox Soccer Channel to be broadcast in HD starting this Wed on DirecTV/DISH. Cable systems? Not yet.

The 619-1 channel is due up today. We may not see FSC HD for a few weeks yet though.

Any word on what happens when Setanta goes dark on the 28th?

Do we get FSC+ in it's place or are we stuck without football until they get their crap together:rant:?

Do we get FSC+ in it's place or are we stuck without football until they get their crap together:rant:?

I believe you'll be automatically assigned FSC + as a replacement.

DirecTV has said that they're currently in negotiations with Fox regarding FSC+. As of right now it won't be available, but there's still a few weeks left until March 1st. It's anyone's guess for now.

Dish network launched FSC HD today. So much for DirecTV being the leader with that. No communication at all about it from them either. It would be nice to know what is going on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts