Tell me if I got a good deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arcade1325

Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I called directv and told them i wanted to get an HD Dvr abd what kind of promotions that they had regarding that. So at first they offerd it to me for $199 for the reciever and they would take off the $9.99 hd access fee for 6 months. Ok so it was gonna cost me $238 for the reciever including shipping. I told them that was too much and ask if they had any other offer? They put me on hold and after he cam back he offered me 1 year free hd access and the HD DVR for $128($99 plus tax and shipping) and i needed a 2yr subs.I also got cinemax free for 3 months and would pay only $89 a month(i have 59.99 plan plus hbo and stars).
So did i get a good Deal?

Yeah I Knew That But I Wasnt A New Subscriber. I Was An Existing Cumtomer. So Did I Get A Good Deal?

I guess, i would still try the old "I got a great offer from dish" and see if they fold. Usually works. But if not then it is a fair deal.

In general - you got a good deal. You will save $120 with a year free HD. Most NEW customers only get $100 off the HD-DVR. Some have successfully negotiated for free, but it is becoming few and far between.

Status
Please reply by conversation.