Tell me if I got a good deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arcade1325

Feb 1, 2008
I called directv and told them i wanted to get an HD Dvr abd what kind of promotions that they had regarding that. So at first they offerd it to me for $199 for the reciever and they would take off the $9.99 hd access fee for 6 months. Ok so it was gonna cost me $238 for the reciever including shipping. I told them that was too much and ask if they had any other offer? They put me on hold and after he cam back he offered me 1 year free hd access and the HD DVR for $128($99 plus tax and shipping) and i needed a 2yr subs.I also got cinemax free for 3 months and would pay only $89 a month(i have 59.99 plan plus hbo and stars).
So did i get a good Deal?

arcade1325

Feb 1, 2008
Yeah I Knew That But I Wasnt A New Subscriber. I Was An Existing Cumtomer. So Did I Get A Good Deal?

Shipsnake

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 28, 2008
Arlington, TX
I guess, i would still try the old "I got a great offer from dish" and see if they fold. Usually works. But if not then it is a fair deal.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
In general - you got a good deal. You will save $120 with a year free HD. Most NEW customers only get $100 off the HD-DVR. Some have successfully negotiated for free, but it is becoming few and far between.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DOD and VOD

Access card linked to its receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)