Telstar 14 63w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Anybody picked up Telstar 14 lately, just tried tonight, can't lock on the PBS channels any more. Hint of a signal but very weak.

Works OK for me. Watching Sandra Bullock on Tavis Smiley now....

EDIT: Even better, the Woodwright Shop on Create is on too....

Thanks Harry, if you're getting it in AZ, I definitely have a problem, lol. Still think one of these big walnut trees has moved, I'll try eyeballing it again tomorow.

Anybody picked up Telstar 14 lately, just tried tonight, can't lock on the PBS channels any more. Hint of a signal but very weak.

Turbosat,

Yes, I have been watching the stations on 11966 V @ 11280 Ks/S often. It is one of my weakest signals, but it is holding in at 42% quality on my AZBox. This is actually a pretty fair reading, I have a ways to go to get down to the threshold for the AZBox which is somewhere near 33% quality or possibly even a little lower, so I have a bit of buffer room here.

Readings taken with 1.2 M GEOSAT pro antenna, Invacom QPH-031 LNBF and AZBox Premium.

RADAR

Attachments

• 63.0W Telstar 14 11966 V INVACOM QPH-031.jpg
    63.0W Telstar 14 11966 V INVACOM QPH-031.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
I was getting it today at 52%quality, about the best I ever got it on my .90Channel master dish.
Might have to move a dish further out to 'see' around this big walnut tree, it's just too nice a tree to kill for one satellite though. Now, if it was a pine it'd be a goner.

Turbo, Yeah I get it here but just above threshold as well. Tree issues as well. Sadly they are a line of trees on the neighbors property. I'm waiting on spring this year when I'll lose the signal all together most probably. Blind

Sounds like trees are in the way. I get that transponder with a Coolsat S 66-69 with a Coolsat 5000 and 36in dish. I'm about to change that out with a Fortec 120cm. I have a clear view down to almost 10 W. Here in FL my elevation is much higher on sats and this gets me over most trees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts