Telstar 5/Intelsat Americas 5 to Measat 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anhandrew

Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Telstar 5/Intelsat Americas 5 to Measat 2?

I currently have a Coship Receiver CDVB3188A with a either a 18" or 30" dish. I currently am receiving Telstar 5/Intelsat Americas 5 can I change this to the Measat 2 Satellite? Is this possible?

What do I need to do?

Sincerely,

Andrew
Oklahoma City, OK USA 73162

Hi, and welcome to the SatelliteGuys forum!

To change your dish over to Measet2 here's what you do:
First, move to Turkey...

;) Measat2 is at 148E, waaaay below the horizon. Unfortunately, it's out of sight for us in the States :D

I'm trying to get more vietnamese channels for my dad and we have telstar 5 with only have one station. Any idea what else I can pick up?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Andrew

so no other choices?

anything else that good with the equipment that I have? the channel that I get from telstar 5 is vtv4 and the picture quality isn't great. still grainy. Is there something I can do about that?

Thanks for all the help. I plan to set up one for my grandfather. We paid a guy to do this one for us and i'm sure it's not the best of equipments. the dish is stationary/no motor and the receiver doesn't have much for features.

Thanks,

Andrew

Not much can be done with that channel to improve the quality (better receiver may help) its the old "Garbage in Garbage out" rule. Some channels do not spend as much as others on band width, and then they play scratchy old video tapes!

The channels on IA5 are a perfect example of the garbage in garbage out rule. Some of those channels look like something on your computer

There are still some posibilities:

- Coship maybe the problem. This is not a good receiver in my experience. Try CoolSat/Fortec/Pansat,...
- Try with a bigger dish (33, 36 inches or larger)

If you want to see the channel on AMC4 also, you may have to invest in H-H motor such as SG-2100, STAB-90/120,...

Larger dish would only give him better rain fade. The 30” works fine on IA5

I haven’t used the Coship, but my Coolsat, Pansat and KUSat (which is like a Coship) have pretty much the same picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.