Telstar - 5 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vsat tech

Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Any one know where I can go to get some answers about a drop in EIRP for T-5 over the panhandle of Texas? Loral no longer owns T5 and Intelsat has no information. Even Microspace is not very helpful. Any information will be appreciated

can anyone give me a hand on this? Maybe I am not in the right group? Starting to feel a little neglected...

I am sure that it is not a problem with the type of dish we are using in the area as we are using 2 different kinds with the same results. A 1.2m Channel Master and a .75 Elliptical dish. I work for a company called DTN and I am a Satellite tech at the headquarters in Omaha NE. We do have independent techs that we get to do out of town work for us (ie: installs, troubleshooting, re-points, and deinstalls) and it seems that every single tech that we get to perform work in the panhandle of Texas has a hard time tuning to T-5 with either dish. Upon investigating I found an EIRP footprint map on the internet that showed a drop in signal right in that area. I was wondering if anyone had ever heard if this unexplainable drop in signal in this area. Is there a source of strong EMI in the area that could cause a problem? I think that the Pantex Nuclear Weapons Plant is in the area, and could understand if they are running something there at the Weapons plant that would cause this to happen. I have contacted Microspace and they deny that there is a drop in EIRP there, I got the EIRP map off of the SBS Americom website. If this is too much detail or if I am just wasting my time here, please let me know and I will go and knock a little harder on some doors at microspace... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts