Temporarily stop service based on income

Status
Please reply by conversation.

logger31

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
South Central PA
I have been unemployed for almost 6 months now and continue to use my directv service. However my income is getting to the panic point. Could i possibly call or email customer service to suspend my account under these dire circumstances until i get more income or would i still be forced to use my service.

It is in the contract you signed. You are paying in advance. You can cut back the programming to an affordable level. You can suspend it for $5.00 per month I think.

Call them.

Joe

You're both right. They will suspend it for $5 a month for up to 6 months. However, if you are still under contract, the time your account is suspended will NOT count towards your contractual obligation. Just keep that in mind.

Umemployed for 6 months, only doing something about expenses now when running out of money?

I can't say much about it, since the mods here expect me to be nice to people who need to be told off, but examples like this is why we have our current economy.

Umemployed for 6 months, only doing something about expenses now when running out of money?

I can't say much about it, since the mods here expect me to be nice to people who need to be told off, but examples like this is why we have our current economy.

Actually he is helping the economy....the cause of our economy is the party on the left...

...but we will not go there, right?

Give the guy a break.
Peace....

It is a jungle out there. People who have never missed a day of work are now without a job or any hope of replacement work.

I have installed four receivers in apartments without furniture or food. The DTV was FREE so they took it..........had to borrow from across the hall to pay me the "refundable deposit." They hoped to get more than one TV before DTV cut off their account for non payment.

There was a time when six months would replace a job. Them days are gone. Logger is not the only one in a tight situation.

Joe

There is a time and place for everything. Something most children learn at a young age, hopefully around the time they are SUPPOSED to start learning financial discipline.

This isn't the place to be offering life advice. So if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Keep in mind, in order to suspend your account, there must be no outstanding balance. If so it must be paid in full. Then and only then will they suspend your account.

There is a time and place for everything. Something most children learn at a young age, hopefully around the time they are SUPPOSED to start learning financial discipline.

This isn't the place to be offering life advice. So if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

I'm sorry if they are sorry...............but they started...........and if I have to go to my room for this I don't care because I have DTV playing through an HD DVR with a projector, surround sound and a 12 x 20 screen. We even have a brass pole so the girls can dance while we change kegs.

Opps!....Sorry,

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)