Register online and/or redeem rebates before install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I just signed up for DirecTV over the phone this afternoon, and I was given an account # & order #. Is it possible to register on directv.com and/or redeem the rebate prior to my installation? Or do I need to wait until after I am up and running?

Also, how long after calling should I receive the confirmation email? (They said I would receive one.)

Thanks in advance!

I just got this E-flash from Directv this morning, maybe it will help you out.

NEW! REBATE REFLECTED ON FIRST MONTH’S BILL

Great news! Beginning April 15th, we’ve made it possible for customer rebate credits to begin with their very first bill!
Spring National Offer customers who submit their rebate online before installation will see their rebate credits on their first bill. Customers who submit their rebate after installation will still have to wait 6-12 weeks for the credits to be processed, so educate them on the benefits of submitting early!
To make this process even easier for the customer, collect their email at the point of sale so they will receive an order confirmation via email. Then, they just need to click the link in the email which will automatically push them to www.directv.com/rebate to start the redemption process.

I just got this E-flash from Directv this morning, maybe it will help you out.

NEW! REBATE REFLECTED ON FIRST MONTH’S BILL

Great news! Beginning April 15th, we’ve made it possible for customer rebate credits to begin with their very first bill!
Spring National Offer customers who submit their rebate online before installation will see their rebate credits on their first bill. Customers who submit their rebate after installation will still have to wait 6-12 weeks for the credits to be processed, so educate them on the benefits of submitting early!
To make this process even easier for the customer, collect their email at the point of sale so they will receive an order confirmation via email. Then, they just need to click the link in the email which will automatically push them to www.directv.com/rebate to start the redemption process.

Oh wow, you are correct. They just started this today. Yesterday I went on and it said come back after installation. Today, I went in and it said I could do it now, and it was extremely easy. Thank you for the heads up!

Even though I haven't been installed yet, so I don't see all the account management options, but already I am quite impressed with their web site. Light years better than Dish Network's.

Even though I haven't been installed yet, so I don't see all the account management options, but already I am quite impressed with their web site. Light years better than Dish Network's.

Got that right.....

I received my confirmation email about 4 hours after ordering.

I'm unable to login but I'm going to give it 24 hours before trying again. What happened was I ordered D* earlier this week, registered online, then just today cancelled that order and ordered again (to get a discount) and I used the same email address. So that whole process may have created a conflict and D* says to give it 24 hrs.

In my shopping cart I see:

Monthly rebate for package *
-$16.00

Monthly rebate for online redemption **
-$5.00
So if I called and ordered instead of online, I won't get the $5 rebate?

In my shopping cart I see:

Monthly rebate for package *
-$16.00

Monthly rebate for online redemption **
-$5.00
So if I called and ordered instead of online, I won't get the $5 rebate?

No, you will still get the $5 too if you redeem the rebate online. I think this means you have to register an account on directv.com and agree to receive emails from them. This is separate from whether you ordered over the phone or on the internet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts