SNY in NC with Sports Pack?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crazywater

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Hi...I have searched and can't seem to get a definitive answer. I am pissed off TWC customer in Wake Forest, NC and am thinking switching to DirecTV. If I subscribe to the Sports Pack will I get SNY for the Mets games?

Hi...I have searched and can't seem to get a definitive answer. I am pissed off TWC customer in Wake Forest, NC and am thinking switching to DirecTV. If I subscribe to the Sports Pack will I get SNY for the Mets games?

No. You get the channel but the games are blacked out. Not a DirecTV rule. All the leagues do it on all providers for out-of-market games. To get the Mets you need to subscribe to MLBExtraInnings. It's about $200.

Sorry, but all Mets games will be blacked out. The only ways to see your Mets in NC are:

1. Subscribe to MLB Extra Innings PPV package.
2. Possibly "move" back to the New York area but still reside in NC. Wink Wink..
3. Subscribe to MLB.tv and watch them on your computer. If you have broadband connection, the picture is near HD quality and its much cheaper (around $80 cheaper) than Extra Innings.

Since the Mets are not your team based on where you live, with Extra Innings, sometimes you will get a choice of which feed you want to watch. I get tired of listening to the "homer" announcers all the time. When I moved from NYC to Seattle in '87, I put up a BIG dish so that I could continue to watch the Mets who I picked up on in '67.

After about 3 years, I tailed off and eventually switched full time to the Seattle Mariners just in time for their '95 explosion over the Yankees in the playoffs that year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)