Temporary fix audio drop outs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

camo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Nebraska
This problem seems to plague certain A/V receivers more than others.

Well found temporary acceptable fix today while watching World cup on ESPNHD. The fix was going into Onkyo SR876 receiver settings and under hardware settings turning on the TV volume.
Now when the dropouts occur the TV handles it much better with just a slight garbled sound but I don't loose all sound. This is a big improvement over total sound/volume loss. The surround sound speakers still dominate sound with TV volume set lower but loud enough to fill the gap when audio drop outs occur.

Anyone experiencing audio drop outs this is a good temporary fix. TV is now enjoyable again.

I get some very short ( 1/2 second or so) drops with my new home theater set-up. Will try your temp fix out tomorrow.

(Audio drop during World Cup is almost a blessing - those "bleeping" horns/swarms of bees are driving me nuts!)

I'm finding not all A/V receivers will allow sound through both TV speakers and home theater speakers. My unit happens to allow it so this fix may not work for everyone.

I can see where a second set of cables directly from Directv receiver to TV may work in that case. It would be something worth experimenting with if your Av reciever won't allow dual sound. I've went all day and not had one drop out. "It's great".

What's with those horns anyway. Sounds like a bunch of PO African bees LOL

Audio drop outs

I have been experiencing this, but thought it was due to a cheap HDMI switcher I installed as I noticed it after installing the switch. Never pulled it out to test, but I may do that now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)