Temporary PVR options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gsx375

Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Canada
I will be spending 3- 5 months each year in a rented condo with Time Warner basic service I will badly miss my PVR capabilities and all the time shfting from Bell TV at home in Canada.

What options do I have?

Thanks in advance

GSX

I will be spending 3- 5 months each year in a rented condo with Time Warner basic service I will badly miss my PVR capabilities and all the time shfting from Bell TV at home in Canada.

What options do I have?

Thanks in advance

GSX

1. Time Warner DVR with expanded service. Probably about $20/mo and you would need to just use it there.
2. TIVO. $150-700 depending on size plus service at $13/mo. Since it is basic cable, you might not need a cablecard. You could take most of it with you, but not the cablecard.
3. Echostar DTV Pal. Out of production, but still findable on ebay. Generally around $150-200. No monthly fees, but only OTA recording.

1. Time Warner DVR with expanded service. Probably about $20/mo and you would need to just use it there.
2. TIVO. $150-700 depending on size plus service at $13/mo. Since it is basic cable, you might not need a cablecard. You could take most of it with you, but not the cablecard.
3. Echostar DTV Pal. Out of production, but still findable on ebay. Generally around $150-200. No monthly fees, but only OTA recording.

Thanks!

GSX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)