Temporary PVR options

gsx375

Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Canada
I will be spending 3- 5 months each year in a rented condo with Time Warner basic service I will badly miss my PVR capabilities and all the time shfting from Bell TV at home in Canada.

What options do I have?

Thanks in advance

GSX

I will be spending 3- 5 months each year in a rented condo with Time Warner basic service I will badly miss my PVR capabilities and all the time shfting from Bell TV at home in Canada.

What options do I have?

Thanks in advance

GSX

1. Time Warner DVR with expanded service. Probably about $20/mo and you would need to just use it there.
2. TIVO. $150-700 depending on size plus service at $13/mo. Since it is basic cable, you might not need a cablecard. You could take most of it with you, but not the cablecard.
3. Echostar DTV Pal. Out of production, but still findable on ebay. Generally around $150-200. No monthly fees, but only OTA recording.

1. Time Warner DVR with expanded service. Probably about $20/mo and you would need to just use it there.
2. TIVO. $150-700 depending on size plus service at $13/mo. Since it is basic cable, you might not need a cablecard. You could take most of it with you, but not the cablecard.
3. Echostar DTV Pal. Out of production, but still findable on ebay. Generally around $150-200. No monthly fees, but only OTA recording.

Thanks!

GSX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)