Tenga Stations Return to DISH.

DISH and Tegna Reach New Carriage Agreement

● Agreement restores local Tegna stations on DISH​

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Feb. 4, 2022 — DISH Network Corporation today announced it reached a new carriage agreement with Tegna Inc. Local stations have been immediately restored on DISH TV, in time for the Winter Olympics and Super Bowl LVI.

"We're pleased to have reached an agreement in time for the Winter Olympics and Super Bowl that benefits all parties, especially our customers," said Brian Neylon, group president, DISH TV. "I want to thank our customers for their patience and understanding as we worked through the negotiations."

The agreement provides DISH TV subscribers nationwide the ability to tune in to Tegna-owned programming, including news, entertainment and sports.
Yes, NBC is back on here in Phoenix

Me! No. But I know those guys.

If I’m lucky, I watch about half of the Súper bowl, and even then, it is just for the commercials.
I know lot's of serious football fans. They watch every college and pro game they can get, which is dozens per week. I don't know anybody who watches the Pro Bowl.

To me, the Pro Bowl is like watching the red carpet ceremony at the Oscars. It's mildly entertaining, but has nothing to do with the Best Picture. :)

Just in time for the Super Bowl. How convenient!
A month ago would have been "just in time for the NFL playoffs".
Two months ago, "just in time for Christmas programs".
Three months, "just in time for basketball season".
Four months, "blah, blah, blah".

There's always something coming up on TV that the masses will want to see. They got the deal done when they got it done.

A month ago would have been "just in time for the NFL playoffs".
Two months ago, "just in time for Christmas programs".
Three months, "just in time for basketball season".
Four months, "blah, blah, blah".

There's always something coming up on TV that the masses will want to see. They got the deal done when they got it done.
Whatever you say. But the only thing I heard my neighbors who have Dish complaining about was not being able to watch the Super Bowl.

With Tegna's 21 NBC stations, I wonder if the loss of ratings eyeballs during the Olympics combined with pressure from advertisers wanting to reach the larger Olympic audience might have put some pressure on corporate to settle.
You can keep hoping that. More than likely both sides gave up more than they wanted. Of course, we'll never know.

makes sense that one or both sides caved due to the Winter Olympics and Super Bowl, Winter Olympics only happens every 4 years and the Super Bowl is the biggest sporting event of the year in the US, i bet NBC pressured both sides to cave and end it with a agreement being reached.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk