Tennant Leaving Dr. Who

I thought this was announced a while back. I liked his Doctor though. Supposedly there were talks of bringing "the master" back into the fold and explaining more indepth how he was able to continuously regenereate, getting past the 12 time limit.

He had earlier said he would be back 2010 for last time. Guess he changed his mind.

Interesting as I thought part of the year hiatus was because of Tennant wanting to pursue other things and not get typecast.

-Mike

Well the way to get out of typecasting is to take roles in smaller movies that are very different. Sometimes works. Think he could play a really evil serial killer?

I really liked his version of Dr. Who the best in the newer series. He seems to really give the character energy and he can show affection and love for someone like Rose. This added depth to the character and I will miss his contribution to the show.

I actually liked Christopher Eccleston's role better than Tennant, personally, but then I have always preferred characters will a little darker personality.

I really liked his take on teh character. He could bounce between comedy, action, drama, sarcasm, melancholy, and sadness effortlessly. He was a joy to watch in this.... He'll never have a character this good again.....

Now we see who they replace him with.....

I really liked his take on teh character. He could bounce between comedy, action, drama, sarcasm, melancholy, and sadness effortlessly. He was a joy to watch in this.... He'll never have a character this good again.....

Now we see who they replace him with.....

I vote for James Nesbitt! Then they can have:

"Dr Jekyll meets Dr. Who"! :D

Jekyll (TV serial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) <<< AWESOME 6 episode miniseries. It's available on DVD.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Jekyll-Belinda-Stewart-Wilson/dp/B000QXDEH2"]Amazon.com: Jekyll: James Nesbitt, Adam Burton, Victor Power, Tony Gardner, Fenella Woolgar, Stephanie Langton, Ian Cairns (II), Belinda Stewart-Wilson: Movies & TV@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51M9IOJWLhL.@@AMEPARAM@@51M9IOJWLhL[/ame]

Jekyll was (IMHO) the best series on TV since Deadwood and Rome ended.

It was written by Stephen Moffat, the new "showrunner" of Doctor Who, who takes over in 2010 from Russell Davies.

BTW, I think some of you are confusing the earlier announcement of Russell Davies leaving Doctor Who with today's announcement of Tennant leaving.

2009 will have a handful of Doctor Who specials that will be made before Davies and Tennant leave (from what I have read).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)