Terminating Service and Dish Retailer Charges

bobo8652805

Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I am having to move and will not be able to use my dish (no place for dish). I am about 9 months into the 24 month contract. Dish will charge me the $10 per month left on contract, but I have another dilemma. I used a local retailer and I seem to remeber him saying if I terminate to early that Dish will charge him for equipment and not pay for the install. He stated that he would then charge these back to my credit card. Several call attempts to him to verify have been unsuccesful. Does anyone know what time frame Dish would charge back the retailer? Dish's website says if you terminate after 180 days, all equipment should be returned to Dish and not the retailer. Does this mean that after 180 days, Dish does not charge the retailer for me terminating?

I don't think so. I think you'll be on the hook to the retailer as well.

Retailers are responsible for the equipment up to 180 days.. After that they are still on the hook for money they received from Dish and will actually be chargedback up to 360 days. But only for labor.. The equipment chargback is ony 180 days.. So you still could be charged back some of the cost if the retailer has a 3rd party contract with you.. But not the equipment since you are over 180 days

The above response is correct. When you terminate your contract Dish is suppose to send you boxes for your receivers and LNB. MAKE SURE DISH SENDS THESE OUT TO YOU. You will have to send your equipment back to Dish or Dish will hit your credit card the value of the equipment. Stay on top of this !!!!

Secondly you will owe the retailer some money as well as stated in his 3rd party agreement. Sorry, but a contract is a contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)