Terre Haute "locals"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jessshaun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Robinson, Illinois, United States
Anyone know what is up? Terre Haute is scheduled to get local channels this month, but as of right now, we have:

60 ABC-NY
61 CBS-NY
62 FOX-NY
63-NBC-NY

I can tune and watch all these channels, and have been able to watch them just fine for the last 2 months or so, but tonight suddenly, the guide shows "To Be Announced" on all these channels. Not just for tonight, but for the forseeable future in the guide.

I'm glad I cought it, I set up a manual timer for Mike and Molly tonight. But does this mean we are getting our real locals soon, or is this just an error? If it's an error, I hope it gets fixed soon.

you had the national networks in an agreement with D* and the locals in Terre Haute. They allowed you to get distant networks before locals were launched. Once locals come online the nat'l nets will be replaced with the local ones. They are uplinked right now

*WTWO 2 4 SW1 @103W
*WTHI 10 4 SW1 @103W
*WUSI 16 4 SW1 @103W
*WVUT 22 4 SW1 @103W
*WFXW 38 4 SW1 @103W

I dont know what they are going to give you for ABC

The locals will be in MPEG4 HD so you will need all HD receivers. This works out in your favour if you add a receiver as you pay for the SD version but get the HD copunterpart (ie: pay $69 for a SD only receiver and get the HD only version)

Ok, I am officially excited now...... Those same channels Wednesday at 5AM now say "Your local station is now available". Looks like I'm finally going to be able to watch News10 on Directv. Been waiting a long time.

Edit: says that on ABC as well..... wonder if we will get WICS in this area, or the Indy station?

very cool.

As for the ABC the list I posted above is all I could find. They dont list a ABC and normally if they import one it would be listed too

you wont have to buy a distant station. Once your locals launch and in the case of a "short" market D* does one of two things
-gives you a neighboring local
-gives you the national version of the missing network

Its part of the $3 for locals

By the way...what does it say in the guide under ABC?

you had the national networks in an agreement with D* and the locals in Terre Haute. They allowed you to get distant networks before locals were launched. Once locals come online the nat'l nets will be replaced with the local ones. They are uplinked right now

*WTWO 2 4 SW1 @103W
*WTHI 10 4 SW1 @103W
*WUSI 16 4 SW1 @103W
*WVUT 22 4 SW1 @103W
*WFXW 38 4 SW1 @103W

I dont know what they are going to give you for ABC

The locals will be in MPEG4 HD so you will need all HD receivers. This works out in your favour if you add a receiver as you pay for the SD version but get the HD copunterpart (ie: pay $69 for a SD only receiver and get the HD only version)

True but only if he says SD, agents can be one tracked and if you say HD they will charge you HD prices as they wont generally look to see your in a mpeg 4 market.

/me waves at a fellow Robinsonian.

I'm curious to see what ABC D* uses here too. But I'm glad the locals will finally be here on D* - been a long time coming. Maybe we'll start to see some more DirecTV dishes on roofs :)

LOL! small world! Robinson's not that big. I figure once word gets out that Direct has locals, we'll see alot more D* dishes in town. Mediacom sucks and people are starting to catch on to that.

Edit: They just announed it on TV10. Can't get anymore official than that.

Last edited:
Wow, they imported a CW? Wikipedia says it's in the process of being sold to LIN, so maybe that's why that one got chosen. I assume the ABC and CW are both HD feeds? If that's the case if I ever need to "move" locals back home from Indy for some reason I won't bother to move back.

Interesting choices for ABC and CW. For ABC we got WEHT from Evansville, and for CW we got WBDT from Dayton Ohio.

We didn't get WUSI or WVUT though, so no PBS. The national PBS is still on 65.

they must be on the same spotbeam so D* doesnt have to reuplink it. All they do is remap it for the Terre Haute locals

weird you got an imported CW....normally they give you CW50 from Washington DC (mapped to 14)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)