Terrible luck with actuators

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Same here. I do a lot of bumping East and West and I mean A LOT. I have yet to have an out of sync issue from the ASC1. ;)

Are you doing it through the remote, or by physically pressing the East West buttons on the actual box?

My East/West jumps are programmed on my JP1 remote with the STB. So, i nudge all the time too with the remote buttons. However, if i am trying to get a lot of satellites back in sync, i find it much faster to sit on the floor in front of the device, and press the buttons and save on the front panel box.

A little confused with the description of the testing and programming method. I am unable to follow the reprogramming process mixed in with the movement tests and what steps influenced the count. It isn't possible to determine if the movement control, the saving of a position or ???? results in a count error.

Maybe the tests can be done again now that all satellites are in sync and we might determine how the sync can be lost?

Give me a call when you have time and inclination to test. Would be easier to talk through the process in real time rather than trying to describe in emails or posts.

In any event, we'll update this thread with the findings.

A little confused with the description of the testing and programming method. I am unable to follow the reprogramming process mixed in with the movement tests and what steps influenced the count. It isn't possible to determine if the movement control, the saving of a position or ???? results in a count error.

Maybe the tests can be done again now that all satellites are in sync and we might determine how the sync can be lost?

Give me a call when you have time and inclination to test. Would be easier to talk through the process in real time rather than trying to describe in emails or posts.

In any event, we'll update this thread with the findings.

Okay, give me a day or two. Need a breather. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.