GEOSATpro Test FW potential issue?

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I thought I would post a heads up about the test FW for the micro. Encountered a loss of my recorded DVR material to the fast forwarding blue screen. I ran into this previously last Fall after one of the updates. Recordings will play OK on the PC just like last time.

Nothing was changed in the recording, storage or playback programming. No DVR recording loss on test bench units. Loaded to another unit yesterday after reading this report and could not duplicate.

What was the previous firmware version?
Were the recordings made on one or several versions?
What files were lost? All or some?
Any similarity to when, firmware version or type of signal of the recordings?

Previous to the update, I was running the 20130218 FW and the 4 SD, 30 minute recordings previously played fine. This was on a 32G USB stick.

Normally I do not keep archived and delete after watching or soon after. I recorded another episode last night and is OK.

I went back and checked some previously recorded HD material and some 60m shows and one movie on my USB EHD and all were intact.

Perhaps was an isolated case here with the USB flash drive and time for a reformat. I don't recall exactly what others found with the testing they were doing with this issue or if it was ever really explained. But I remember something about missing or duplicated data packets which is outside of my area of expertise. The microHD just plays a blue screen that appears to be fast forwarding, the index numbers or whatever they represent on the playback info screen appear to jump all over. I'm not sure how to interpret those values.

I agree with your suggestion. If programs playback from another device without error, it is likely a USB device error.

We will keep monitoring feedback on this report. Thank for the notice and information update!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)