Test receiver without card?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you order a card from Direct before you activate it you will be able to put it in either box and get channel 100. This will give you some indication of the receivers condition as far as working.

Yes, we have already confirmed this earlier in the thread. I don't need to be wasting $20 on a piece of plastic if it won't work in another month when I'm ready to activate the box.

Yes, we have already confirmed this earlier in the thread. I don't need to be wasting $20 on a piece of plastic if it won't work in another month when I'm ready to activate the box.

If thats the case, you may as well wait to order the card till you need it.

You could take the recvrs to a friends place and try one of thier cards.

If thats the case, you may as well wait to order the card till you need it.

You could take the recvrs to a friends place and try one of thier cards.

His friends card will only work if they are new, never activated. Once they get married with a RID it won't work. Unless you unmarry it but only Direct can do that now. An old receiver with out a RID would work even if the card is married have 2 of them here.

I hooked up both receivers and got all the menus to work. Both said please insert card (as we knew they would). I went into the menu and was able to see the signal meters. Both receivers were getting all the signals they needed to get and they downloaded all the guide data off the sat connection.
Is it safe to assume that they both work at this point?

His friends card will only work if they are new, never activated. Once they get married with a RID it won't work. Unless you unmarry it but only Direct can do that now. An old receiver with out a RID would work even if the card is married have 2 of them here.

Well, then thats OUT, seeing its rare you would find someone with a non activated card.

I hooked up both receivers and got all the menus to work. Both said please insert card (as we knew they would). I went into the menu and was able to see the signal meters. Both receivers were getting all the signals they needed to get and they downloaded all the guide data off the sat connection.
Is it safe to assume that they both work at this point?

I don't think so, it is common to be able to do what you have so far.

Well, then thats OUT, seeing its rare you would find someone with a non activated card.

I think I got 4 or 5 here.:) But guess what Direct will not authorize them because they were on other peoples accounts. The thing is this people see I'm into satellite so I'm always getting donations especially of pizza supplies from friends and neighbors, Never turn down the stuff :)

I don't think so, it is common to be able to do what you have so far.

The boxes post but unless the OP can watch the video & listen to the audio for a while they could be messed up, card reader could be bad too.

I think I got 4 or 5 here.:) But guess what Direct will not authorize them because they were on other peoples accounts. The thing is this people see I'm into satellite so I'm always getting donations especially of pizza supplies from friends and neighbors, Never turn down the stuff :)

This is why they want you to get a new AC.
Why not just have them send you one and be done with it ?

This is why they want you to get a new AC.
Why not just have them send you one and be done with it ?

I don't think the OP wants to spend the $20.00 if the receivers are no good. Chances are the receivers are fine. But they could have some intermittent issue like my D-11 has. Without having a card to test he's back to square one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)