Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have seen the SatelliteGuys Homepage has changed a bit.

Gone from the right column is the last 10 threads posted since you reloaded the page on the right side.

Instead under under the main site news I have installed a live feed showing you the last 5 posts, which will let you monitor the site directly from the homepage. When a new post is made the homepage is updated automatically.

I am going to try it for a few days and see if folks like it or not. (I know lots of folks don't like change) but I feel this may have more folks using our homepage. :)

I don't care for it but if most like it then sobe it. and wh know maybe I will learn to like it.

Too busy for me when I looked at it, I couldn't even read the thread title's before they moved; but I rarely spend time on the frontpage.

Is it possible for an abridged version of it to be on the right column? I really like the full page view but in the window on the home page, I'd have to agree it is a little busy.

Too busy for me when I looked at it, I couldn't even read the thread title's before they moved; but I rarely spend time on the frontpage.

Yes that is the problem. Because of what iti si it continually redraws and you cannot use the page at all. You can't even click on a post because it moved.

But nithing ventured, nothing gained.

Another vote against because it's moving too fast to read.

You need to wait for it to finish loading, its loading the last 10 posts while only the last 5 are being displayed.

I may turn it so that all of the 10 last posts are displayed instead of just 5. :)

If we need to wait for it what is the advantage. What does it do that the old area on the right did not do? I am not attacking. I honestly think I must be missing something here.

Ok, I see what you mean waiting for it to load. Like I said, I don't spend much time on the frontpage, so I really can't say I would find it useful or not.

I don't like it at all.

I prefer seeing the last couple pieces of front-page news; which now gets buried to a uninformative list. The new posts links provide the ability to quickly see what is new.

It's too annoying the way it's set up now. Load all 10 posts and once and have it refresh every 3-10 minutes. Having everything pop in and scroll by like that isn't even usable enough to evaluate.

I have to agree with most of the others. I liked the old home page much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)