Text entry on 622 DVR titles

jrp

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Iowa
I need to edit several titles of programs recorded on my 622 dvr in order for them to be place in proper folder. I want to use a two word title with a capital letter to start the second word, as the 622 differentiates between "Show Title" and "Show title". Using a capital will require less edits that going all lower case on the second word of the title.

I looked through the 622 manual and searched here, but couldn't find anything. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Anyone know how to insert capital letters in text entry mode?

I never was able to enter a capital after the first letter.
In searching, capitalization is ignored, IIRC. Leading and trailing spaces are word ends but don't match ":", etc.
In alphabetizing titles, capitials count. Leading spaces count.
You are limited to say 14 letters for new titles, even if the old one was longer.
You may be able to cancel out of the change instead of hitting done.
-Ken

You can cancel out of a change.

I have a number of "Smart Travels" episodes I recorded for my wife, but they are not all titled identically. Since the folder sort distinguishes between upper and lower case, I wanted to us the capital T - more of the original titles use it and it is more aesthetic - but it looks like I'll have to go with the lower case. Seems odd that you can't hit the shift key.

Actually, you should see if she likes " Rick Steve's Europe " which is similar, but better in several ways - more astute commentary, a little more depth, and definitely better HD PQ.

Thanks, I've got some of those for her too. They, however, all went in the same folder when I enabled the dvr folders.

I went into my groups to change "Travels" to "travels" in order to get all the shows in one folder. Each time I chose Edit Name for one of the shows with a capital "T", it brought up the text entry screen with the "t" in lower case. I chose Done and the show title was changed without me doing any editing. The shows changed folders each time I did this.

Weird that it changed the case of the second word without me doing anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)