thai tv at 101 and 97 degrees

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnstanko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
have lost video but have audio on thailand's stations on satellites at 97 and 101 degrees. have the stations finally decided viewers need to purchase a subscription.
wecome any comments. tnxs.

FTA Thai TV Changes?

Yesterday, 30 Apr 2011, we stopped receving pictures, but still got sound on 2 totally separate systems. Anyone know what's going on? New to the site so accept my apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

have lost video but have audio on thailand's stations on satellites at 97 and 101 degrees. have the stations finally decided viewers need to purchase a subscription.
wecome any comments. tnxs.

Checked 101, all video is now H.264, which requires a receiver (such as what I have, an AZBox) to see it.

Yesterday, 30 Apr 2011, we stopped receving pictures, but still got sound on 2 totally separate systems. Anyone know what's going on? New to the site so accept my apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

As I just posted on another similar thread (which should be merged): Checked 101, all video is now H.264, which requires a receiver (such as what I have, an AZBox) to see it.

Thanks for the info. To show my ignorance; is there a way to change the settings to get it or do i have to buy 2 new receivers? I currently have a STH SMP6200 and a NAT 400. Thanks for your info.

you would need new receivers.

They have changed to MPEG4 and those receivers only can do MPEG2 (hence why you get audio and no video)

Even before they changed all the channels to MPEG4, the video hadn't been working on some of the channels on 101 for a few weeks on my Openbox (which DOES do MPEG4). I wonder if they switched them to MPEG4 early and forgot to change the flags so the receiver was still trying to decode MPEG2.

By the way, since they switched to MPEG4, there are more channels on 101.

I wouldn't buy a receiver til you got a definitive answer from the channel provider as to whether they were going to encrypt them or not. American programmers tend to be selective about what receivers they support, for some encryption systems.

Is there any update on this? With all the people that have this Thai/lao tv. I would think there would be some more info out there somewhere. Help

Is there a receiver that's cheaper than the azbox that will pick up h.264? $200 is pretty pricey for me, do you guys think the $100 receiver on ebay would work (description states it's h.264 compatible)?

I just ordered an Openbox from Ricks Satellite for $139. He says he's tried it and it works on the Thai channels. He is also going to preprogram it for those channels.

please tell us when you receive your new receiver, if it works on all thai/lao tv stations on both 97 and 101 degree satellites.
if possible list them.
are they all transmitting in the clear? do you have to get a subscription to any of them? hope every thing works out ok.
i know many people are interested in your results, since information on thai/lao transmissions, receivers and services are
hard to find. good luck.

Last time I checked, there were two Lao channels on 97w that didn't work on the Openbox, I have no idea why.

There are a few Thai channels on 101w that just showed up in the last day or so that aren't working either, but since they're new I wonder whether maybe it's a problem at the uplink site. All the other channels work.

The company previously stated that they would be encrypting the Thai channels on 101W. I would suggest that before purchasing any receiver that interested parties contact the broadcaster and determine what encryption method that they are planning on using. If no encryption type has been announced, be sure to purchase a receiver with a CI slot so the appropriate CAM can be purchased to support the decryption CA card.

I noticed today after scanning them in on the azbox some of the audio is AAC which only a couple receivers can do (azbox and SSO)

Or maybe the azbox is giving false info....after all one of the channels I log on C-Band the audio says "Sweedish" :)

I received my Openbox from Ricks Satellite last night and hooked it up and it worked fine. I ordered another one today for my other system. Hopefully it will continue to work for a while. It has quite a few channels but I don't know what there is now as compared to before, I never watched it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.