Thai TV on 97 w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mnek1

Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Does anyone know what is going to happen to Thai TV on the 15th of this month. We keep on seeing and advertisement that indicates a change to 101 W. We called the 1-800 number and were directed to dishpointer.com but no real answer as to what we needed to do. We get all the free channels plus 3 pay channels.

I speak very little Thai also. Nothing on the web yet, but we are beginning to hear in the Thai community that at least some of the Channels are going to change to 101 w.

I speak very little Thai also. Nothing on the web yet, but we are beginning to hear in the Thai community that at least some of the Channels are going to change to 101 w.

To 101w I would assume the new SES-1 right ? I don´t know where you are located but hopefully that won´t be an issue for you, Down here where I am SES-1 @ 101w footprint is no longer available, whereas the former AMC 4 was.

SES-1 footprint has been tightened to the US.

Thai IPTV Channels Moving to SES-1 on 15 Sep 10

Yes, all 9 Thai IPTV channels will move from 97 W to SES-1 at 101 W on 15 Sep 2010. Only the Lao Champa channel will stay on 97 W (according to their broadcast last night). IPTV Customer Service (888-477-4788) does only refer people to dishpointer.com. They will give you the name of a local installer who can help, if you ask. My own installer says to call him on 15 Sep, do not worry now.

Yes, all 9 Thai IPTV channels will move from 97 W to SES-1 at 101 W on 15 Sep 2010. Only the Lao Champa channel will stay on 97 W (according to their broadcast last night). IPTV Customer Service (888-477-4788) does only refer people to dishpointer.com. They will give you the name of a local installer who can help, if you ask. My own installer says to call him on 15 Sep, do not worry now.

The problem with this change will be for those outside of SES-1 footprint, as G 19 covers much more than SES-1

Ok - so I called the customer service number and they told me to call back for more information next month. I tuned my dish back to 97 W. and noticed that the IPTV News, Lakorn Thai and VSmile channels were broadcasting in the clear. Weird.

Ok - so I called the customer service number and they told me to call back for more information next month. I tuned my dish back to 97 W. and noticed that the IPTV News, Lakorn Thai and VSmile channels were broadcasting in the clear. Weird.

those channels have been airing clear even before.

Thai IPTV Channels Moving to SES-1 on 15 Sep 10

Maybe this is why the IPTV installer said to wait. I have been watching the Lyngsat.com satellite transponder updates daily. No new transponders are coming online for SES-1 (only about 5 are shown with the 9/20 update). I'm glad I waited to move the dish.

I saw another promo for the change - Here's the info they give.
SES-1 @101W
Transponder = 16K
Frequency = 12020
Polarization = Vertical
Symbol Rate = 24415
FEC = 2/3

Customer Service number: 1-888-477-4788
Web Site = www.tvpoolus.com

I called the number and they say they will be moving some but not all of the Thai language channels and adding a bunch of new ones starting Oct. 1.

Not seeing any sign of new channels yet, but we'll have to wait and see on the 1st.

It's horizontal, not vertical. There's one channel up now, but it doesn't scan with a name and I don't read Thai, so I'm not sure what one it is.

The IPTV’s group of channels have a very strong signal level on 97W, but as you know are scrambled and by subscription only, thus the reason I don’t view them.

Since the IPTV group is a unique company, there will still be some independent Thai channels on 97W such as the Thai Army channel’s (TGN) and News1.

NEWS1 goes on and off scramble for selling their subscriptions. Both TGN and NEWS1 by the way comes in nicely thru the internet.

I remember back when TGN was the only Thai channel available and has always been FTA.

BTW, I use Google Chrome, and automatically have the web pages translated to English. This might help you guys with the language barrier.

Also, here is another number in addition to 1-888-477-4788 that might help: 1-888-348-9777 or 415-223-7111.

Hope this helps.

I've heard they are bankrupt and are now gone. Has anyone pickup the Thai channels on 101w.

The transponder is still hot, but there are no channels on it tonight.

I have to believe there may be some truth to MNEK1's post since for the past few months they have not sold equipment for any new subscribers and now all their phones are disconnected and their web site was has not been updated.

Has anyone set their dish to the new satellite settings yet and getting the main paid for channels yet? We lost our signal to the old one yesterday.

IF what they said is true, perhaps the change in sats is due to a restructuring or a buyout, etc. It's only the 5th. Even if they're not up yet, don't give up on them not coming back.

Finding out slowly that may be the case, bankrupt, and hopefully a buyout. If no, then going to go on forever with the lawsuit with the BBC that BBC won.I do not know who owns SESSAT 1 but I get the feeling that it is going to take a long time to if ever for subscribers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)