Thai TV problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, I received the Tvpool box today, 6 Sep. Ordered on 1 Sep. Install was easy even for me. You must call Tvpool to activate, took a while to get through. Finally, Pang, recognized my # on caller ID and called me back. Got it set up after a couple of tries. I see 44 thai channels and whatever else is on SES-1. The final cost for the box was $100 + $15 shipping, $115 total. If you need englist ask for Pang, she seems to be the only one. 3 months free and then $150 a year. I tried to sign up and pay today, but she said wait or I will lose my 3 months. So far so good.

thank you for the info. esp. the prices and hints about pang. so 44 channels that is a higher number than what
i was told a few weeks ago. how is signal quality since it is suppose to be mpeg4? also if possible tell me the
actual number of news and movie channels. really appreciate your time and efforts. john

signal quality and picture is good. the wife is watching it now and if I go channel surfing, it will not be pretty. I can probably check it tomorrow, there is a channel listing on their website, but I'll try to surf through it and let you know.

I surfed through all of the channels, a good mix of Thai TV, some news, movies, sports (watched a Thai stock car race), a lot of music video channels, a couple of religious. If they stay with the same quality and channels, may be a good deal.

again tnxs for info. will be getting receiver and same deal you received. my boss talked me into it. enjoy
your thai tv. john

thai tv at 101 and 97 degrees

heard that some thai tv stations will be going off the air. voice tv reportedly has
problems receiving signals (shows) from thailand. appreciate any info. tnxs

I have TV Pool and they have channels dropping off too. I am going to call them Monday. Earlier they sent me a new dual LNBF and that got some stations back but they're dropping off too. If I find anything out
i'll post it here.

supposedly thai government blocked transmission of all fta signals to usa via satellite. voice tv on internet says they cannot send internet access to regions out of thailand. very few thai stations on satellite now.

I noticed that the TV Pool website is now gone, goes to some email service. I've received recorded telephone messages from them, but they are in Thai and my wife is now longer available to translate. Anyone else have an update?

I checked the dish to see if the Thai TV channels were off-air or not. Well, TGN (both on 30W and 97W) and DMC (on 97W) are still up, but they're only showing this slate:

National Peace and Order Maintaining Council.png

This means the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council ordered all TV and radio stations based in Thailand to close down, except for the stations that were announced by that council. As far as I know, foreign TV channels that are normally receivable in Thailand were also shut down, so you can't receive them there unless if you have the FTA satellite through C-band.

Other Thai TV channels on 97W are showing programs as usual, apparently because they're based outside of Thailand.

I think I remember once seeing a station id from a Thai channel on 97w as being a tv station located in California, but broadcasting to to the Thai audience located in North America. BTW, isn´t there a Thai shopping channel there on 97w ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts