Please reply by conversation.

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
Got two 1.2 meter Prodelin dishes from (Closed) Blockbuster stores today (thank-you Charlie).

DSC00169.JPGDSC00170.JPG

Will need to convert them like RT-Cat did in post #3:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/279397-commercial-ku-dish-blockbusters.html

Need some cleaning and TLC!
Bob

Nice catch! What did you use for bait? I was unable to get anywhere with the blockheads at the 2 Blockbusters in Erie when I tried. :(

I have coffee with the landlord of the first one - he told me when the signs were to be removed. I went and talked to that crew, they said they were to take down the dish as well. But couldn't give it to me directly, but would leave it inside the store. This AM after coffee the landlord let me in and I got dish #1. Then the crew called and asked if I would like a second one from another store 32 miles away. Went there directly for dish #2!
Bob

Sweet deal, Wescopc! I need to check out the remaining Blockbusters in my area.

I thought I was going to be in luck getting a couple of dishes from a nearby gas station that I thought was being demolished, but it turns out they were just replacing gas tanks :( ...

Nice find....I have got to check my local one. All video stores around here are closed except for one that is locally owned.

There is a receive LNB on those and can be used in at least one polarity as is with the transmit still in place . I suggest you mount up the dish and see what it gets. Then compare to your lnb re-fit.

There is a receive LNB on those and can be used in at least one polarity as is with the transmit still in place . I suggest you mount up the dish and see what it gets. Then compare to your lnb re-fit.
The LNB that came with the dish read 95% Q on 97W H/11842 (Horizontal only) Replaced with a JSC321 LNBF and got 95%. So no advantage using the existing feed horn. Mounted it much like RT-Cat.
DSC00171.JPG
Bob

The LNB that came with the dish read 95% Q on 97W H/11842 (Horizontal only) Replaced with a JSC321 LNBF and got 95%. So no advantage using the existing feed horn. Mounted it much like RT-Cat.
View attachment 75942
Bob

Always nice when it works like you want it to. :)

I had my eye on a similar dish that was on the roof of a now defunct "Hollywood Video." I asked the owner of the building if I could have the dish. He was a real jerk, used a few expletives and I left. Three weeks later someone leased the space and the dish came down and into a dumpster. The workers must have thrown it off the roof because the fiberglass was broken and the feed-horn arms were mangled. Even the NPRM was bent to hell. What a waste.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts