Thanks . . . just purchased HR10-250 / Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ehamilton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the heads-up on the HD-DVR deal. I got it for $199 plus 3 months free of HD programming, 6 months free of HBO, Showtime and the SportsPack. They are coming out 9/17 to install which leads me to my questions.

I live in the Los Angeles area currently but am moving to the San Diego area (in 2 months) and want to keep my LA local channels. Should I have them install in my LA home, connecting to a phone line; then manually take the dish and receievers with me to San Diego and then NOT plug it into a phone line there? Would that work?

Also, if that works, would it do me any good to get an OTA antenna to also get the San Diego locals (or would that mess everything up)? Also, with that said, do I need an OTA for the Los Angeles HD locals the CSR at the Retention office seemed to think so?

Thanks for all the help. . .

Possibly could work but locals are spot beamed and you must make sure that the LA beam footprint covers where you're moving to in SD. And have them send your bill by emal or use web site.

Overlapping OTA

Also, if that works, would it do me any good to get an OTA antenna to also get the San Diego locals (or would that mess everything up)? Also, with that said, do I need an OTA for the Los Angeles HD locals the CSR at the Retention office seemed to think so?

If you are using OTA for the signals into your Tivo, you have the ability to set which is your primary and secondary markets. It will automatically map both markets and where there are overlapping channel frequencies, the primary market takes precendence. I know this is not exactly waht youa re looking for, but it is something to consider if you want to still get LA OTA ANDSan Diego OTA. Also keep in mind that the HD-Tivo has a dual ATSC tuner so you can record LA NBC news and SDiego NBC news at the same time, for instance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts