That elusive D* 119 Sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mhutsell3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Noblesville, IN
Anyone know if they are planning on moving some of the HD signals off of 119 when the new Spaceways are up and functioning? I have two very large trees in my line of sight of the 119 sat.

Thanks,

:smug

Oh bt the Way. GO COLTS !!!!!

As with everything D* nothing's been announced. IMHO it won't be happening until D* 10 and 11 are up and running since that the two satellites that D* said they need for national HD programming. So that's in 2007, which also give them time to get the current HD STB's switched out for MPEG4 boxes.

I doubt it. That would mean that every HD sub would have to get a new dish, not just the HD local subs, and there's no way D* would do that.

I think the problem is more that they agreed to hitch a ride with another bird at the same time. The other sat had issues, and had to be repaired prior to launching, hence the delay. It seems foolish to me to roll the dice like this. If D* is smart they won't hitch a ride with another sat again.

mhutsell3 said:
Anyone know if they are planning on moving some of the HD signals off of 119 when the new Spaceways are up and functioning? I have two very large trees in my line of sight of the 119 sat.
Thanks,
:smug

Me too. I have my dish in the far NE corner of my lot and can barely get 101 and 110; due to trees and terrain, 119 will never happen for me. Anyone know of the future plan?!

Last edited:
projectorsrule said:
And if they rely on Arianne to launch DTV sats 10 and 11 it may be 2010!

10 and 11 are to be delivered by sea-launch
there was a press release last week.

sea-launch is also boosting spaceway 3 for hughes networks, that was also in the release.

SPACEWAY 3 satellite - (no longer part of DirecTV's fleet as I read it) will operate in the globally assigned Ka-band spectrum and will support a range of new high-speed communications services for IP data and multimedia applications to North American enterprise, consumer, and government customers. It was/is listed as sloted for 95.0 EAST but I really think that is a typo and they meant WEST considering it says it will serve NA.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
SPACEWAY 3 satellite - (no longer part of DirecTV's fleet as I read it) will operate in the globally assigned Ka-band spectrum and will support a range of new high-speed communications services for IP data and multimedia applications to North American enterprise, consumer, and government customers.

charper, correct.

HNS owns it and spaceway 4, they will be direcway birds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)