That new VOOM "Guide Guy" Scares me

If you go to the Voom website there is a feedback link, go and leave your opinion there. I did this about a week ago and got a response that it would be passed on. I classified the "Voom Guide Guy" as a pop-up that is more annoying than the internet pop-ups. At least on your computer you can block the pop-ups.

I would prefer a really cute Voom girl pop-up.... The Voom guy should at least be an attractive guy..geessh....but the guy is ugly as well as annoying.

dtsfanohio said:
I would prefer a really cute Voom girl pop-up.... The Voom guy should at least be an attractive guy..geessh....but the guy is ugly as well as annoying.
Amen, a really hot female Voom pop up girl would rock:D

yes besides carrot top id say he is the worlds ugliest man/boy. And annoying too

I agree...get rid of the Voom guy. They can do what TNTHD does which uses a lower corner of the screen to just show whats coming on next or advertisment.

I would sya no pop-ups at all... think of it like this, when surfing the web and getting your everyday pop up is annoying you kill it right?

when a pop up with a half naked girl pops up, you close it right.. uhm never mind its probably a lost case hehe

Fortunately I have only seen him a couple times on Auction. I haven't seen him on HD-Cinema 10. I would be really POed if I saw him there. I also haven't spotted him on Monsters, MOOV, HDNews, or Animania either. Perhaps he is Just contained to some channels, or I am just very lucky.

Problem solved...not!

After sending an e-mail to Voom here is a reply that I got on the Pop-up Guide Guy:

Subject: The Voom guide pop-up is driving us crazy. Please drop the idea....
Category: Programming
Submitted: 06/25/2004 09:43 PM
Last Updated: 06/28/2004 02:06 PM

We hope we have resolved your issue. If not, please respond to this
email and we will continue to work with you to your satisfaction.

OK, solved. So he will be gone? Somehow I do not think so....

hidef said:
Subject: The Voom guide pop-up is driving us crazy. Please drop the idea....
Category: Programming
Submitted: 06/25/2004 09:43 PM
Last Updated: 06/28/2004 02:06 PM

We hope we have resolved your issue. If not, please respond to this
email and we will continue to work with you to your satisfaction.

When I get those "non-info" messages I reply to the message with something like:

"Your message didn't solve anything. This concern isn't solved. Please answer my original question......"

You might have to do this 5 or 6 times to get a "real" answer.

Well, read the message. It says "we hope...", as in "we hoped you had a nice flight, and if you didn't, well, what did you expect for $79 round trip? now get off the freaking plane!" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)