The 100

Though it seemed that way at first, in that last scene it looked like they "harvest" Reaper blood as well, so it seems they were just "feeding" them before, like a farmer feeds his livestock.

Seeing Lincoln with them reminded me of the above discussion regarding relative distances between areas of interest in this world, because Lincoln had headed "east" toward the coast with Octavia when he got taken by Reapers, and now he's on Mount Weather. I hope they show the Mountain Men soldiers getting around at some point in helicopters or something of that nature to help explain all that.
It looked to me like the mountain men were giving that reaper an inoculation.

So was Mel hanging from that cliff for a few days since the Ark crashed? The average young person probably can't hang by holding on to something with their hands more than an hour I imagine. If she was on a narrow ledge, I would understand, but she didn't seem to have any real foot holds there the way her legs were kicking. Not to mention she seems to be the sole survivor of that Ark piece? And then all those other bodies near the crash site, were they killed by grounders, because a crash of that nature would've resulted in crispy body parts not completely intact bodies with clothes unsinged?

I'd like to see how they "redeem" Finn from this s#@*storm he created(personally I'd have him publicly executed,witnessed by the grounders,in order to form an alliance between the Ark/Sky People & the grounders against Mt. Weather). First they kill off Anya & now Finn causes a massacre of the very grounders needed to go against Mt. Weather. At least now we know what it is that the Mountain Men were injecting into the Reapers.

Reactions: Zookster
Am I understanding this correctly: the Mountain People are creating an army of Reaper soldiers by injecting/torturing/brainwashing the most physically gifted Grounders?

Wow,the Grounders are so empowering & inclusive. The commander is a woman,why not? Anyway,I love the one step forward,two steps back approach the producers are using in this show. Acid Fog is a weapon,Mountain Men created the Reapers,& it's certainly to the Mountain Men's advantage to have the "Sky People" & the Grounders continue to fight each other than to unite against them. Lastly,where does this show go next once the Grounder/Mountain Men crisis/situation is solved? How do you top the current situation,once it's solved,& keep the show compelling to continue to watch? I also still think that Finn needs to be sacrificed for the (I'm going to throw up because I hate this term) "greater good." Maybe they can bring in Walking Dead's Emily "Beth" Kinney to the show as a Grounder leader of some sort.

If TWD can kill off Beth,then the 100 can kill off Finn. I think that even Finn sees that he has to die,AND too many Grounders know what he looks like for the Arc people to pass off someone else or a disfigured dead body as Finn.

Don't kill Finn!!! The Arc people need to show how merciful & compassionate they are about crime & punishment to the Grounders..........Oh wait,didn't they use to throw people out of the airlock into outer space,without a spacesuit,for any crime & indiscretion,both big & small?

Lastly,where does this show go next once the Grounder/Mountain Men crisis/situation is solved? How do you top the current situation,once it's solved,& keep the show compelling to continue to watch? I also still think that Finn needs to be sacrificed for the (I'm going to throw up because I hate this term) "greater good."

I was thinking the exact same thing. If the peace can hold between Grounders and Sky People after rescuing everyone from and decimating the Mountain Men, where does the show go from there? The City of Light?

I also think Finn needs to die or at least be held accountable for his actions. If Murphy had ran into a Grounder village with guns blazing, killing innocents and jeopardizing fragile relations, don't you think he would be held in some kind of detention by the Sky People or turned over to the Grounders without hesitation? Not running around like nothing happened. As far as the love triangle goes, that's clearly over and Clarke can move on to Bellamy. Raven can do better as well. We also have the emergence of a less geeky, socially awkward Jasper as the group's new moral-center nice guy character.

Great final (and well-deserved) moment, I agree. But I'm sorry, that was one of the most boring drawn-out mid-season finales I've seen in a while.

"We'll get out of this."
"How?"
"Talk to the commander."
"I just did. She says no."
"We'll still get out of this."
"How?"
"Talk to the commander again...." lather, rinse, repeat.

Great final (and well-deserved) moment, I agree. But I'm sorry, that was one of the most boring drawn-out mid-season finales I've seen in a while.

"We'll get out of this."
"How?"
"Talk to the commander."
"I just did. She says no."
"We'll still get out of this."
"How?"
"Talk to the commander again...." lather, rinse, repeat.
I agree,they could have solved this dilemma within the first minute of the episode by either turning Finn over to the Grounders or killing Finn themselves. I remember thinking when they were hiding in the drop ship,"Just kill Finn,get it over with." It's very hypocritical for the Sky people" to plead for finn's life when they would throw people out of the airlock on the Ark for far less than what Finn did.

I agree,they could have solved this dilemma within the first minute of the episode by either turning Finn over to the Grounders or killing Finn themselves. I remember thinking when they were hiding in the drop ship,"Just kill Finn,get it over with." It's very hypocritical for the Sky people" to plead for finn's life when they would throw people out of the airlock on the Ark for far less than what Finn did.

It also parallels our current society where a lot of people are quick to want the head of any murderer, and especially a mass murderer. On the other hand, the worst that happens to soldiers who "accidentally" wipe out a village of civilians in a foreign war is an "investigation" usually followed by a slap on the wrist. It seems the Sky People regarded Finn's mass slaughter as the latter situation, though the writers didn't present any clear critiques of the scenario in the same manner a more sophisticated sci-fi show like Battlestar Galactica would have.

Ironically, in regards to the Sky People hypocrisy you mention, the flashbacks in this episode showed how Finn helped Raven avoid being airlocked for her little zero-G joyride. How crazy is that? One of the most brilliant young engineers on the Ark being executed for a youthful indiscretion.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa,the 100 has been renewed for season 3. I have an idea for season 3 if they resolve the Mountain Men story line,invading grounders from another region with Technicals. A Technical is a vehicle,like a Toyota Truck,with heavy machine guns or automatic grenade launchers(machine gun that shoots grenades instead of bullets) attached by pods to the bed of the truck.

Technical (vehicle)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_(vehicle)
Technical_Liberia.jpg

You are talking about heavy machine guns that the Sky people don't have,but Mt. Weather might.

You know,I thought that when the 100 first found the guns in the first season & started using them against the Grounders,that that was the first time that the Grounders ever saw guns. But the Grounders knew how to stay out of range until the 100 ran out of bullets before attacking the 100(& getting burned to death because they didn't see that rocket engine ignition coming),then it dawned on me recently,they are VERY aware of guns because of the Mountain Men using them against them(the concept of a safety switch on assault rifles & certain pistols might escape them though). It's also very unsettling that the Mountain Men have camera surveillance on both the Grounders & the Sky People & can tell if they are fighting each other..........or uniting together,which would be very bad for the Mountain Men. It would be interesting if the Mountain Men have found a way to recruit Grounders,who would not be turned into Reapers,into both spies & a fifth column for them. The Mountain Men know who the Commander is,& since the actress playing her is also going to be a main character on the New Walking Dead spin-off,will the Mountain Men assassinate her(& ironically have Clarke elevated to new Grounder Commander as a consequence,that'll come back to bite them in the @$$).

I loved that exchange between Clark's mom and "Desmond" at the beginning:

"Their Commander, she's just a child.
"So is ours."

And then Clark's response to her mom at the end: "Love is weakness." She now officially has the qualifications to be a Grounder commander... but that would involve some serious plot convolutions to make that happen.

I loved that exchange between Clark's mom and "Desmond" at the beginning:

"Their Commander, she's just a child.
"So is ours."

And then Clark's response to her mom at the end: "Love is weakness." She now officially has the qualifications to be a Grounder commander... but that would involve some serious plot convolutions to make that happen.
We're talking about the 100,plot convolutions is part of the game. It'll no doubt be impossible for Alycia Debnam Carey to play her series regular role on that Walking Dead spin-off & play the Commander on the 100,something will have to happen to the Commander.

I'm glad that Clarke & the Commander got away from that "damned dirty ape." Also,that red reaper juice must be some really good stuff. It dawned on me,it any character on that show has any sense about it,but after the Grounders & the Sky People defeat the Mountain Men,they can wean the Reapers off of that stuff by giving them decreasing dosages until they can safely stop giving them none at all. At least Bellamy is where he can release the Grounders,if he can get away,instead of the MM realizing he's one of the 100 & putting him in the special cells with the 2 other 100 prisoners. Unless the Mountain Men have facial recognition software for their surveillance cameras,the Sky People should take some of the Grounders,clean them up & put them in Sky People guard uniforms,& then teach them how to shoot,& hope the MM would be none the wiser.