The 12 foot Unimesh is alive!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
UPDATE

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. I took my C2 LNBF off and installed the dual c-band feed with a pair of calamp mini mags and WOW! I ran across the arc with the 922 and get 99 quality and +12 ebno on all but W1 and the HBO tp on G1.Those two give me a 91 quality with a 10.6 ebno. I do not have a power inserter on the vertical side,but the cs8000 has a option of 14/19 volt instead of the regular 13/18 so I did these tests with the CS on and at that setting to help the vertical LNB.The Zinwell 4x4 seems to work fine also at that setting.Now I just have to fine tune the 1.2 on the arc and I can bury all the cables and clean up the wiring,six runs of RG11[4 LNB 2 motor]cat5 and low voltage landscape wire about 150 feet.:)

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. I took my C2 LNBF off and installed the dual c-band feed with a pair of calamp mini mags and WOW! I ran across the arc with the 922 and get 99 quality and +12 ebno on all but W1 and the HBO tp on G1.Those two give me a 91 quality with a 10.6 ebno.

Ya I get 99 across the arc and have seen my HBO as high as 99. Those 12 foot Unimesh's are amazing aren't they?? :D My highest EBNO is +15.0

EBNO of +15 huh. Now I have to go out and play with the feed again!

I don't get that on everything but that is the maximum I get (see attached) :D May be my ADL RP1C feed.

Attachments

• EBNO.jpg
    EBNO.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 154
The ADL feed may be the key since its dual moding chambers makes use of the out of focus energy that a normal choke plate type feed (chaparral etc) chokes off. The ADL puts it back into phase so it can be used. I did my homework when I bought everything new in 89. I did not hold back on cost :) Those were carefree days...

What your getting is very good and well above average.

My ADL feed is strictly C band with a servo motor. It is the original ADL not the Patriot knockoff that is out now. The RP1-C has no choke plate it has a dual modeing chamber. It's also designed to cut down on TI and sidelobes. I love it and Mike Kohl also endorses it.

My LNB is a 1989 vintage Cal Amp 40 degree commercial LNB. It was the same one cable headends used back then. It cost me over $200 for the LNB and $150 or so for the ADL feed. My Unimesh was close to $800.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts