The 12 foot Unimesh is alive!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
UPDATE

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. I took my C2 LNBF off and installed the dual c-band feed with a pair of calamp mini mags and WOW! I ran across the arc with the 922 and get 99 quality and +12 ebno on all but W1 and the HBO tp on G1.Those two give me a 91 quality with a 10.6 ebno. I do not have a power inserter on the vertical side,but the cs8000 has a option of 14/19 volt instead of the regular 13/18 so I did these tests with the CS on and at that setting to help the vertical LNB.The Zinwell 4x4 seems to work fine also at that setting.Now I just have to fine tune the 1.2 on the arc and I can bury all the cables and clean up the wiring,six runs of RG11[4 LNB 2 motor]cat5 and low voltage landscape wire about 150 feet.:)

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. I took my C2 LNBF off and installed the dual c-band feed with a pair of calamp mini mags and WOW! I ran across the arc with the 922 and get 99 quality and +12 ebno on all but W1 and the HBO tp on G1.Those two give me a 91 quality with a 10.6 ebno.

Ya I get 99 across the arc and have seen my HBO as high as 99. Those 12 foot Unimesh's are amazing aren't they?? :D My highest EBNO is +15.0

EBNO of +15 huh. Now I have to go out and play with the feed again!

I don't get that on everything but that is the maximum I get (see attached) :D May be my ADL RP1C feed.

Attachments

• EBNO.jpg
    EBNO.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 155
The ADL feed may be the key since its dual moding chambers makes use of the out of focus energy that a normal choke plate type feed (chaparral etc) chokes off. The ADL puts it back into phase so it can be used. I did my homework when I bought everything new in 89. I did not hold back on cost :) Those were carefree days...

What your getting is very good and well above average.

My ADL feed is strictly C band with a servo motor. It is the original ADL not the Patriot knockoff that is out now. The RP1-C has no choke plate it has a dual modeing chamber. It's also designed to cut down on TI and sidelobes. I love it and Mike Kohl also endorses it.

My LNB is a 1989 vintage Cal Amp 40 degree commercial LNB. It was the same one cable headends used back then. It cost me over $200 for the LNB and $150 or so for the ADL feed. My Unimesh was close to $800.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)