Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
I called Dish and the CSR told me that the $200 vip622 rebate in April will be only for those who own the 942. It will not apply to leased equipment. Is this what everyone else is being told?

That dang well better be false...since I gave up the morning 622 chase for the April 1 rebate.

Of course, my brother was offered the $200 rebate if he would wait, even though all he had was a leased 311 and 522, and has never had HD.

I did mentioned the Charlie Chat to her. ;)
She put me on hold to check with a supervisor, but then came back and read me a script that specifically referred to "owned equipment".
:confused:

WELL...I guess that figures...E* has screwed up every other part of this MPEG4 receiver program...might as well screw up and renounce the terms of the announced rebate too...just to be perfect. :mad:

If this is the case then I'm going to be REALLY PISSED OFF. I will not be paying another $300 (after just paying $250) to lease a 622. I hope this gets cleared up soon.

Just talked to another CSR. This one couldn't find any mentioning of "owned only" in his notes. His understanding was that leased equipment would qualify too.
I asked if there is a way to pre-order equipment for April installation. The CSR said "No". According to him only orders placed in April would qualify for the rebate.

Why would the $200 rebate apply to leased equipment? DISH already owns it so the rebate would only be to themselves. Remember all those posts that leasing was the best way to go DISH would have to give you FREE upgrades. Well where are they?

boba said:
Why would the $200 rebate apply to leased equipment? DISH already owns it so the rebate would only be to themselves. Remember all those posts that leasing was the best way to go DISH would have to give you FREE upgrades. Well where are they?

Yep you are correct. Also there sure were alot of why buy thats stupid threads!

I'm pretty sure that we'll end up finding out that it applys to leased receivers too. I think this was just a confused CSR.

$200 rebate for new subs?

I am a completely new subscriber planning on subscribing to E* - if I wait until 4/1, will I be eligible for the $200rebate? If not, I'm going ahead and ordering now!

Thx!

kelton325 said:
I am a completely new subscriber planning on subscribing to E* - if I wait until 4/1, will I be eligible for the $200rebate? If not, I'm going ahead and ordering now!

Thx!

Lots of confusion (not to mention multiple threads) about this and, at this point, there is no 'official' word about who and what will qualify for the $200 rebate. Many CSRs are telling people the rebate will apply to all HD customers regardless of whether you lease or own your gear and regardless of what type of receiver you have. The Charlie Chat specifically only mentioned that the 921s and the 942s will qualify for the rebate. I have talked to several Dish reps and have heard variations of all of the above information. The story was different each time.

I went ahead and ordered my 622 ($299, I currently lease an 811). At this point, I just want the HD PVR, period. I personally do not believe the rebates are going to apply to anyone leasing an 811, regardless of what the CSRs are saying. But that's just me. Some agree, some don't. To me it's only logical that Dish would not give away $200 for no reason to leasing customers, but this is Dish we are talking about, so who knows? Nothing would surprise me at this point.

BTW, I am also a "Dish Apologist" according to a few board "experts" so my opinion is clearly slanted in favor of Dish no matter what happens. :rolleyes:

Edit- I noticed you are a new sub, so I am not sure how you would qualify for any rebate. The rebates are only for current subs when they trade in existing gear.

Ilya said:
I called Dish and the CSR told me that the $200 vip622 rebate in April will be only for those who own the 942. It will not apply to leased equipment. Is this what everyone else is being told?

I just had this confirmed by the Exec Office. It must be a 921 or 942 and can be owned. You will need to return your owned receiver too.

Edit: big oopps - I'm sorry all i cant confirm that it MUST be owned, i misread my notes of the conversation. I can only confrim it is open to owners.

Last edited:
gbjbany said:
I just had this confirmed by the Exec Office. It must be a 921 or 942 and be owned. You will need to return your owned receiver too.

They must be smoking some serious loco weed at the exec offices IF they think we are going to
A. Pay them another $99.00 AND
B. Send them our reciever

Why would we do this? How does being out of up to $800.00 (700+99) make any since?

I'm sorry but this goes absolutely contrary to all previous communications on the rebate for existing HD customers w/ 942s...I really have trouble believing it, the statements during all previous chats said lease customers were as front-and-center in the upgrade path as those w/ purchased recievers.

We ARE talking about the instant $200 rebate available April 1, right--the one discussed at length that reduces a 622 upgrade for existing 942/HD customers from $299 to $99? Or are we talking cross-purposes about some other deal, and thus the confusion I sense here.

The only thing that makes sense here is that E* is trying to muddy the waters in order to dissuade as many people as possible from upgrading right off due to all the 622 probs/limited quantities.

Last edited:
shanewalker said:
I'm sorry but this goes absolutely contrary to all previous communications on the rebate for existing HD customers w/ 942s...I really have trouble believing it, the statements during all previous chats said lease customers were as front-and-center in the upgrade path as those w/ purchased recievers.
s.

First off all the Charlie Craps are just that...Crap.

Anyone keeping a tally here?

Hang in there and sooner or later they'll hit something that makes a believer out of you too.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)