The 2008 NBA Draft- Where preparing for the future happens

Wow, no love for the Europeans.....

Don't forget some of these prospects are the types of players that have beaten team USA the last few sessions of international basketball. A lot of them spew fundamentals! Sure there are Euro busts, but there are American busts too. You can't generalize all of foreigner NBA'ers as "stiffs".

Check this list of notable foreign NBA ballers. Most of whom are Euro's.....

Dirk Nowiski
Peja Stoyakovickh
Vlade Divac
Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker
Pau Gasol
Toni Kukoc
Rik Smits
Detlef Schrempf
Steve Nash
Arvydas Sabonis
Drazen Petrovic
Dikembe Mutumbo
Yao Ming
Vlade Divac
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon
Andrei Kirilenko

Wow, no love for the Europeans.....

Don't forget some of these prospects are the types of players that have beaten team USA the last few sessions of international basketball. A lot of them spew fundamentals! Sure there are Euro busts, but there are American busts too. You can't generalize all of foreigner NBA'ers as "stiffs".

Check this list of notable foreign NBA ballers. Most of whom are Euro's.....

Dirk Nowiski
Peja Stoyakovickh
Vlade Divac
Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker
Pau Gasol
Toni Kukoc
Rik Smits
Detlef Schrempf
Steve Nash
Arvydas Sabonis
Drazen Petrovic
Dikembe Mutumbo
Yao Ming
Vlade Divac
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon
Andrei Kirilenko

And if you go through that list, the one that DOD play defense...NEVER played in the Euros.

And these guys....are not Euros

Tim Duncan(not a Euro)
Hakeem(not a Euro)
Steve Nash(not a Euro)
Manu(not a Euro)

Last edited:
And if you go through that list, the one that DOD play defense...NEVER played in the Euros.

And these guys....

Tim Duncan(not a Euro)
Hakeem(not a Euro)
Steve Nash(not a Euro)
Manu(not a Euro)

Fine. My point was those players were far from "stiffs" though like Sabres suggested.

Give the poor Italian a chance in NYC. Don't write him off before he's even played a single professional game.

Give the poor Italian a chance in NYC. Don't write him off before he's even played a single professional game.

Speaking of which,

anyone heard from Sandra lately?

I'm interested in what she thinks about the Knicks drafting him.

BTW,

I know he's not played yet, but I'll give him a time table.

If he can average double-digits in points, rebounds or any of the major categories/have a nice rookie season, I'll admit that I was wrong.

However, if he ends up riding the bench or proves to be another Shawn Bradley, then that's another story.

Fine. My point was those players were far from "stiffs" though like Sabres suggested.

Not writing off....but this a Miami Dolphins version of the drafting of Teddy Ginn at #9 in the NFL draft....."I know the Ginn family....."

Not writing off....but this a Miami Dolphins version of the drafting of Teddy Ginn at #9 in the NFL draft....."I know the Ginn family....."

What?! Not really.....

Ginn was NOT projected as a #9 overall player in that draft. He was chosen WAY before everyone thought. Most had him a late first, if not a second round talent.

The Italian was considered a top 10 pick by every major basketball outlet. That is where he was picked. He was not a stretch by any sense of the imagination. Again, since no one has actually seen the kid play, let him prove his worth before we crucify him already.

As much as I respect Sabres opinions, I totally agree with this. You have to give the kid a chance. I realize that Knicks management have next to zero credibility, but like I said last night..........maybe they did their homework on this kid.

As much as I respect Sabres opinions, I totally agree with this. You have to give the kid a chance. I realize that Knicks management have next to zero credibility, but like I said last night..........maybe they did their homework on this kid.

I'm giving him a timetable.

I'll be paying special attention to his rookie season so I can judge how he'll pan out.

If he's good, I'll say I was sorry.

If not, expect a lot of second-guessing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)