The 2008 NBA Draft- Where preparing for the future happens

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do you agree with my theory that the Pistons are the Atlanta Braves of baseball?

Not exactly. I feel like the Pistons have done more than the Braves have. I know they have struggled in the ECF, but they did have the great 2004 run. The Braves dominated their division (whether it was the NL West or East) for a longggggggg time and only had one championship to show for it.

Hard to believe in a span of two months, the Celtics got so many key players, especially Posey AKA Mr. Lights-Out-From-Downtown.

And the Celtics pick... some guy from New Mexico.

Talk about a headscratcher.

As much as CDR would have looked good in a Celtics uniform, I still think they should have taken Mario Chalmers. They need another point guard.....darn it. :mad:

I don't get this.

A first-team All-American goes behind a bunch of foreign stiffs?

Compared to three of these foreigners, you me, and Sandra would look like Garnett, Pierce, and Allen as opposed to these three stiffs.

I don't get this.

A first-team All-American goes behind a bunch of foreign stiffs?

Compared to three of these foreigners, you me, and Sandra would look like Garnett, Pierce, and Allen as opposed to these three stiffs.

It really does make you wonder. Maybe CDR, Chalmers, etc. had skeletons in their closet that were exposed?

Here's the skinny on Celtics draft pick JR Giddens:

Strengths: JR is a freakish athlete that shoots the 3 well. He plays with a lot of heart and enthusiasm. He is a good rebounder and has shown a propensity for getting offensive rebounds and quick putbacks under the basket. Is listed at 6'5 but plays bigger because of his long arms and excellent jumping ability. He's a pretty good defender. JR gets excellent lift on his jump shot making it very difficult to block.

Weaknesses: Has not yet shown the ability to drive to the basket. But this is probably due to the fact that he is either dunking in alley-oops or shooting three's for the Jayhawks. His mid-range game must be an area of focus. Not a selfish player, but also is not a natural distributor of the basketball.

Notes: Has won a couple different dunk contests already. JR was a Mcdonalds All-American and probably would have won that dunk contest had it not been for some guy named LeBron... Won co-MVP honors (Along with Team USA player Deron Williams) at the 2003 Global Games, he also won that tournaments dunk contest. JR was an excellent track athlete in high school and cleared 6 feet 10 inches in a high jump competition. Was the first runner-up for the Mr. Basketball title as a senior in high school but the award was actually won by current KU teammate Jeremy Case.

Here's the skinny on Celtics draft pick JR Giddens:

Strengths: JR is a freakish athlete that shoots the 3 well. He plays with a lot of heart and enthusiasm. He is a good rebounder and has shown a propensity for getting offensive rebounds and quick putbacks under the basket. Is listed at 6'5 but plays bigger because of his long arms and excellent jumping ability. He's a pretty good defender. JR gets excellent lift on his jump shot making it very difficult to block.

Weaknesses: Has not yet shown the ability to drive to the basket. But this is probably due to the fact that he is either dunking in alley-oops or shooting three's for the Jayhawks. His mid-range game must be an area of focus. Not a selfish player, but also is not a natural distributor of the basketball.

Notes: Has won a couple different dunk contests already. JR was a Mcdonalds All-American and probably would have won that dunk contest had it not been for some guy named LeBron... Won co-MVP honors (Along with Team USA player Deron Williams) at the 2003 Global Games, he also won that tournaments dunk contest. JR was an excellent track athlete in high school and cleared 6 feet 10 inches in a high jump competition. Was the first runner-up for the Mr. Basketball title as a senior in high school but the award was actually won by current KU teammate Jeremy Case.

Translation: If Ray Allen dunked more, he'd be this guy.

Little off-topic, but remember when HD MM said he was at an Indians game?

Well, Cliff Lee's pitching a gem with 11 K's and the Tribe are up 4-1.

At least he'll be in a good mood when we tell him about the draft.

Little off-topic, but remember when HD MM said he was at an Indians game?

Well, Cliff Lee's pitching a gem with 11 K's and the Tribe are up 4-1.

At least he'll be in a good mood when we tell him about the draft.

Really??? Earlier tonight on ESPN's bottomline scroll it said the Indians game was postponed. It obviously was a misprint.

Okay, the Nets get CDR and they already got Brook Lopez. IMO, either the Nets or the Blazers are the big winners tonight.

Really??? Earlier tonight on ESPN's bottomline scroll it said the Indians game was postponed. It obviously was a misprint.

It WAS a misprint.

There was a postponed game, but that was Yankees/Pirates (like it'll help Pittsburgh).

Giants/Indians is still going on.

Okay, the Nets get CDR and they already got Brook Lopez. IMO, either the Nets or the Blazers are the big winners tonight.

Isn't Sandra from New Jersey?

If I'm her, I would jump off the sinking ship that is the Knicks.

The Nets have the right building blocks. The Knicks passed up on a big one.

The Knicks had Bayless, and they went with some Italian guy.

That's the equivalent of Megan Fox flirting with you, and you reject her for a girl with a great personality.

Now, Bayless joins a stacked team, while the Knicks get a stiff.

I think our work is finished, Bill.

All the players I know are drafted.

Now, let's focus on winners and losers.

You said the Nets and Blazers were the winners. Who's your biggest draft loser?

I say the biggest losers are the Sonics and the Knicks.

The Sonics picked the wrong UCLA player- they needed a big man.

As for the Knicks... I've already said it- I know Sandra's bitter about it- they drafted a big stiff from overseas.

I think our work is finished, Bill.

All the players I know are drafted.

Now, let's focus on winners and losers.

You said the Nets and Blazers were the winners. Who's your biggest draft loser?

I say the biggest losers are the Sonics and the Knicks.

The Sonics picked the wrong UCLA player- they needed a big man.

As for the Knicks... I've already said it- I know Sandra's bitter about it- they drafted a big stiff from overseas.

I agree that Seattle made a huge mistake by not taking Kevin Love. Dick Vitale (I usually can't stand him) made the point that Love would have complemented Durant nicely. As far as the Knicks go, I have to give them an incomplete as a grade. I think we have to reevaluate the Knicks draft after we see this kid play. With all that said, my big loser of the night is Golden State. They badly needed to get better with their interior defense and could have had EITHER Robin Lopez or Roy Hibbert (who are both strong defensively), but instead they draft a skinny kid who's a project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)