The 622 is a piece of junk.

Why not just go into your recordings and select the one you want to watch.
Just got on and read through this thread, but reading the OP first 2 posts, I believe you hit the nail on the head with the problem.

I use Dual Mode with Record Plus Enabled, and have 1 Local TV on TV1, and the other 3 TV's have both TV1 and TV2 available. The kids always have something scheduled to record, but when I programmed a series for my wife, it went to TV2 just like it should; and then when the kids try to record something at the sametime, it goes to TV1.

So with the wife at TV1, she had to watch her show being recorded on TV2 by going into DVR/DVR and select her show.
And with the kids at TV2, they had to watch their show being recorded on TV1 by going into DVR/DVR and select their show.

They each can pause their show, and fast forward through commercials; but of course can not go pass Live TV.

I agree, the 622 seems poorly made, built as cheaply as possible, and the software is buggy. You never know if your recordings are going to have audio drops, pops, and video loss. I think as consumers paying big $$$ for this service and hardware we deserve a machine that works!!

The 622 is a piece of junk - not mine.

I've had my 622 for almost a year. It was a little flaky at first but the software upgrades have fixed those. I run 2 TVs off of it in dual mode. ... I have been happy with the 622 and to me it seems to be much better than the 942. The latest software upgrade has seemed to fix the OTA locks. Happy in Louisiana! :)

I got my first 622 in early May '06. It was exchanged within that month due to the ubiquitous dead HDMI output. But the replacement has been essentially flawless. I use it exclusively in the Single mode and I am not a "power" user, so there may be bugs that others have experienced on mine as well of which I am unaware. I wish it had a better OTA tuner. The one in my Sony TV is definitely superior in all situations. But otherwise I am quite happy with the 622's performance. I still run it with the cover off and 3 fans blowing into it to keep it cool. I do believe that some of the glitches others have experienced are heat related.

Regarding the service, I wish all "HD" channels were provided in their original resolutions and bitrates, and I wish E* carried my HD locals. That probably won't happen in my lifetime, leaving me dependent on OTA which is marginal for me at best...

It amazes me how some just don't understand how a DVR is like a computer or don't understand how they work. If your computer crashes do you call and ask for a new one? (No you fix it) Received an e-mail from a friend who I talked into going DISH HD and a 622. First off he said he was on his 4th or 5th box and got that message about the hard drive failure. He was so upset about losing all his records again. Told him it was a false message and all he should need to do was re-boot it! He had called AT&T or DISH and they told him he needed another 622! They had already shipped him a replacement when he just un-plugged it and it was back to normal with no loss of recordings. He also could not understand why when he had set up one OTA HD Local to record it automatically changed to that channel when he was watching another Local HD channel. Didn't understand the ONE OTA turner or why the DVR didn't know he was watching another channel. Told him the DVR didn't know he was watching anything and that it has to be on some channel all the time and that any recording take priority over live. Still think he doesn't understand and has had it for nearly a year now. To me and most of us here it is so simple to use and is really a state-of-the-art DVR, but for others they will never figure out how to utilize it and all of its great features. What a shame

I did reply showing him how he could set up his 622 to record three Locals (1 OTA in HD & 2 from DISH in SD) or record three channels all at the same time in HD (1 OTA and two from DISH) so he would not miss programming AND watch something already recorded. Told him to do a test setup. Doubt that he did and will continue to treat his DVR as a VCR!

There is the ever increasing gap between the technology the masses demand and the ability of many of them to understand it! My wife watches an SD TV connected to a leased 811. It's such a basic box, but I am constantly having to explain the simplest things to her. Am I such a poor teacher, does she really not have the capacity to understand, or does she simply not care? I think it is the last. I'll come home from a business trip to find out that she's been watching the 2.5 channels we can receive OTA (poorly at that) for several days because "something's wrong with the box again" only to find she backed her way into a menu or something and couldn't find her way out. After 27+ years she still can't (or won't?) reset the clock on the microwave after a power blip, which renders the unit useless. Maybe she's smart enough to know someone else will take care of it so she doesn't bother. (I retaliate by leaving it that way for several days during which she can't warm-up her coffee!)

I don't have any answers. To each their own...

I have had my 622 since last November the more I use it the smarter it gets!

Am I such a poor teacher, does she really not have the capacity to understand, or does she simply not care? I think it is the last. I'll come home from a business trip to find out that she's been watching the 2.5 channels we can receive OTA (poorly at that) for several days because "something's wrong with the box again" only to find she backed her way into a menu or something and couldn't find her way out. After 27+ years she still can't (or won't?) reset the clock on the microwave after a power blip, which renders the unit useless. Maybe she's smart enough to know someone else will take care of it so she doesn't bother.
Maybe sometime back, or way back, she decided to keep you :D, so that's her way of making you feel needed.:)
Maybe show her the reboot button and tell her it'll fix anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)