The AL West 2009

The Angels beat the Yankess today...it wasn't pretty and the bullpen still sucked...but the Angels got a win.

This team is SHAKY at best right now.

Oh...did I mention that Aybar was literally knocked out of the game...BY HIS OWN CATCHER MIKE NAPOLI!!!! A throw down to 2nd bounced off Jeter and hit Aybar right in the jaw!!!! What else can go wrong??????

The Angels beat the Yankess today...it wasn't pretty and the bullpen still sucked...but the Angels got a win.

This team is SHAKY at best right now.

Oh...did I mention that Aybar was literally knocked out of the game...BY HIS OWN CATCHER MIKE NAPOLI!!!! A throw down to 2nd bounced off Jeter and hit Aybar right in the jaw!!!! What else can go wrong??????

Careful what you ask there, ya just never know .... :D

KCK, I feel your pain buddy. The Indians bullpen has now given up 7, yes SEVEN games! On the games our bullpen is adequate, the team forgets how to hit. Right now, both our teams are just plain BAD! :(

I caught a piece of your game yesterday as the Angels game was washed out. Not pretty. Time to get the "May Mojo" going!!!!

Texas finally has starting pitching (save for Matt Harrison), but our bullpen still SUCKS!!

I know Cleveland's not off to a great start, but...

Nothing is over until we decide it is!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

It isn't over until it's over!

The 2007 Indians didn't light it up until early June- they didn't set the baseball world on fire early on, and look what happened!

Join the club, pal! Find a team without bullpen issues this season....:confused:

Until recently the Mariners bullpen was excelling...now Morrow is on the DL and in today's meltdown in the 10th against the Rangers, we lose another pitcher to a pulled muscle on 3 pitches and then give up 6 runs including a Slam...yeeeeccckkkkk!

Angels did very well against a battered up Oakland team, thank you. Loux looked great taking the game long last night and keeping it out of the hands of a bullpen that needs rest and maybe some psychiatric help:p .

They have their work cut out for them on this homestand with the surprising Blue Jays for two (I think we even are lucky enough to draw "Doc" for one start:eek:) and the pesky, pesky Royals who are putting on the type of show early on this season that was predicted by several of us here.

Here goes...can the Angels 3 game winning streak continue????

KCK, how do you feel about the other teams in the AL West?

I don't think the A's, Rangers, or Mariners are the types of teams that have gotten under the Halos' skin.

Why is it that the other AL West team don't get Halo fans going like the Dodgers do?

The AL West is anybody's game right now. However, Oakland and Seattle are now showing signs that they may be out of the race by July 4th if not earlier. Texas has staying power to give the Angels a fight. But, again I say that the way this year has gone so far...any one of the four teams can take this division this season.

As far as getting fans excited, we used to have a very hot rivalry with Oakland before Billy Boy sold off his pitching staff and downgraded the A's to a hair above AAA in talent.

Dodgers and Angels were always a neat little rivalry even back to the days when they shared Chavez Ravine. Now that the "Anaheim" has legally been removed from their name (they are officially The Los Angeles Angels now) there are bitter turf wars over who is really L.A.'s team and who has the right to advertise where.

The Freeway Series has taken on a whole new, fresh face in the past year. :cool:

Who Designed Seattle Seahawks' Uniforms?

Would you rather watch football or golf?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)