The AL West 2009

Not everybody. One guy was batting .275 ;) :D

OK...I was an inning or two off....apologies. It was still during the game.

After Mike Napoli singled in the fifth inning against the Cleveland Indians, all nine Angels in the starting lineup, which was posted above the left-field bleachers, were hitting .300 or better.

By the end of the Angels' 5-4 victory, which featured Trevor Bell's first big league win and closer Brian Fuentes' 35th save, the Angels were still rolling a .300 game.

That's nine starters, each hitting .300 or better and each with 227 at-bats or more. In the middle of August. Perhaps fittingly, this achievement came in the Angels' 300th win over the Indians

OK...I was an inning or two off....apologies. It was still during the game.

After Mike Napoli singled in the fifth inning against the Cleveland Indians, all nine Angels in the starting lineup, which was posted above the left-field bleachers, were hitting .300 or better.

By the end of the Angels' 5-4 victory, which featured Trevor Bell's first big league win and closer Brian Fuentes' 35th save, the Angels were still rolling a .300 game.

That's nine starters, each hitting .300 or better and each with 227 at-bats or more. In the middle of August. Perhaps fittingly, this achievement came in the Angels' 300th win over the Indians

I just saw it on Sportscenter before they showed the highlight and missed where they all ended over .300

It is crucial that the Angels win tonight. Rangers have a double header against the Blue Jays (who surprsingly kicked-ass early on in yesterday's game). Rangers are bound to win at least one of the two.

How a year can change things...

One year ago tonight the Angels broke out the beer and champagne after clinching the AL West. They were the 1st to clinch in '09 and they did it the earliest in the season of any AL team. (The Braves back in the day clinched on Sept 9th one season.)

Tonight it will be business as usual WITH A PURPOSE! The Rangers are having their hot streak now that the Angels had 2 weeks ago. Hopefully, by the time the two teams again on the 18th both teams will be back to their normal ways and we can have a good, well-matched series.

Now we'll see how the '09 Angels are REALLY put together. It's late in the season and they face the Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers all on the road all on consecutive nights. Then back to the "Big A" for three more against the Yankees.

It's "playoff atmosphere" all week long.;)

Now we'll see how the '09 Angels are REALLY put together. It's late in the season and they face the Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers all on the road all on consecutive nights. Then back to the "Big A" for three more against the Yankees.

It's "playoff atmosphere" all week long.;)

Definitely an exciting stretch run in both the NL and AL West.

I wanted a 7 game spread between the two when they meet on Friday. Oh well. The Angels will either self-desctruct themselves after last night or that will have them so pissed off that they will tear Texas apart limb from limb.

We shall see...

I wanted a 7 game spread between the two when they meet on Friday. Oh well. The Angels will either self-desctruct themselves after last night or that will have them so pissed off that they will tear Texas apart limb from limb.

We shall see...

I'm going with the latter, especially after those bad no-calls last night in the 9th. I agree with Fuentes and I think the umpires are afraid to make any calls against the Sox in Fenway.

Red Sox shock Angels in 9th with comeback - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

I pray that they just hold on to the AL West by 4-7 games and learn to all play well again. THEN once in the ALDS they revert to that incredible offensive strength they showed a few weeks ago. Getting hot at the right time mens everything!;)

DAMN! Angels are leaving way too many men on base. Another exciting...down to the last batter...sweltering 100 degrees...playoff atmosphere game to get you ready for what is now just a few days away....THE POST SEASON.

ANGELS...GET READY FOR IT....YA HEAR ME?????? :rant::mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts