AMIKO The Amiko A3 Acting Crazy Any Ideas Why?

Side note: Drive c is not used for the update process. Drive c appears in the screenshot like is typical on any computer when a drive is installed in the internal bay. If you have installed an internal HDD, then c drive would show up on your screen.

Bigger problem is that you do not see the download folder. This indicates that a previous update was not to the NA ROM, but instead updated to the European.

Did you make a back-up of the original software installed on your A3 when it was delivered? Who installed 2.0.60? When?

Christopher what is the file name of your back-up file?

Side note: Drive c is not used for the update process. Drive c appears in the screenshot like is typical on any computer when a drive is installed in the internal bay. If you have installed an internal HDD, then c drive would show up on your screen.

Bigger problem is that you do not see the download folder. This indicates that a previous update was not to the NA ROM, but instead updated to the European.

Did you make a back-up of the original software installed on your A3 when it was delivered? Who installed 2.0.60? When?

I did not make a backup of anything shortly after getting the A3. When I received the A3 out of the box and setting it up, the reciever immediately wanted to download and install a current system update that came out on 10/16/2014 version 2.0.60. I don't remember what the previous update was called at that time. So I allowed it to download and install while I was still getting everything else set up on it. I didn't have time to backup anything at that time. I will apologize if I am getting the System Update confused with the ROM. I do not know what ROM version the A3 has now, I don't see anywhere it's listed, I would guess the ROM was installed at the factory. So when I go to the Amiko Software Downloader App, it lists the ROM36S-2.0.59 ready to be downloaded, which I can do that, but I don't have access at all to the download folder from the Updater App. So when I download the ROM36S-2.0.59 it comes up as a zip file after I copy and paste it over to the USB drive, as I can't see or do anything else with it. Maybe it does have the European ROM, I have no idea how to find out what ROM I have now in the A3.

My STB ID is 11 00 0a 00 00 04 b0 I'm not sure if that will identify that the A3 I have was meant for Europe. The Uboot version I have is 2011.03

The website shows this:

Attachments

• 1416794120326.jpg
    1416794120326.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 195
But my A3 only does this when there is no Flash Drive or HD in place after I downloaded the updated ROM a little while ago:

Maybe it has a ROM from Europe in it?? No wonder why it's been acting so strangely at times.

Attachments

• 1416794254824.jpg
    1416794254824.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 173
As Paul Harvey used to say, "now you know the rest of the story".

You are using a European Version ROM. It may contain glitches that the North American ROMs.

No back-up was made prior to updating the receiver from the North American ROM to the European ROM. To return to the NA version, the receiver will need to be sent to the Amiko NA.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "now you know the rest of the story".

You are using a European Version ROM. It may contain glitches that the North American ROMs.

No back-up was made prior to updating the receiver from the North American ROM to the European ROM. To return to the NA version, the receiver will need to be sent to the Amiko NA.

(Sigh......), ok. Either that I guess I could always buy a new one from you that has all of the latest newest stuff with it. :) No wonder why this thing has been so wacky at times, it's homesick for France I would guess.

That makes ZERO sense! Contact your reseller, get it restored and make sure you do a back-up next round.

That would be Michael (ke4est), and I already tossed out the box not too long ago thinking I didn't need it any longer. I'm not sure Michael wants this A3 back anytime soon, it's already been in someone else's hands before it was returned to him under buyers remourse. :)

Just for the record Christopher and I are communicating through PM also. ;)

Christopher, why create so much drama over your back-up and update mistakes? Get the factory ROM restored and let's move on! It has nothing to do with the receiver's history, it wasn't a factory mistake, not old firmware, not who you bought it from...

The A3 is a fine receiver and it will work great once again.... Contact your reseller and arrange a RMA. :)

Oh cool!! This came up today for my A3. I already made a backup of everything, hopefully this will get me to a stable working ROM made for the US. :) At least I hope this is for the US, doesn't exactly say of course.

Attachments

• 1417208662424.jpg
    1417208662424.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 163
No, this European Update ROM will not give you the NA ROM. You are receiving European Update notices as your A3 is running European ROM.

Once you have updated to the European ROM, there is no automatic return to the NA ROM. The only way to return to the NA ROM is to restore your A3 to the NA ROM back-up that was installed and shipped with the STB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)