The BCS got it right

The BCS is now no different than just using the old polls years ago. It is just the good ol boys giving their friends the votes as demonstrated by the way the Bowden's voted.

but they were not healthy , give em a month, i wouldn't want to play em again :)

IF your going to do that then Oregon would like a recount, if Dixon is healthy, THEY are the best team in the country.

Or USC would like a redo with the games that thier QB missed due to injury.
Or Ohio State when Well was hurt for a good part of the Illinois game.

Or Oklahoma would like a chance to play with their QB healthy, these teams all lost games while a critical player was out.

These are only the one's I remember, I'm sure there were more.

Jimbo

IF your going to do that then Oregon would like a recount,

they can't, but if Dixon can get healthy it will be a tough day for South Florida.
although i thought he was out for the rest of the season.

Or Oklahoma would like a chance to play with their QB healthy, these teams all lost games while a critical player was out.

your saying if all these had a rematch they would win , maybe some would , but not all.

they can't, but if Dixon can get healthy it will be a tough day for South Florida.
although i thought he was out for the rest of the season.

your saying if all these had a rematch they would win , maybe some would , but not all.

In post # 19 you said your teams player was injured (may not have been your team, but you stated it) and that if that player was healthy it would have been different, well... I pointed out the same thing for a lot of other teams.

At least thats the way I took your post.

In post # 19 you said your teams player was injured (may not have been your team, but you stated it) and that if that player was healthy it would have been different, well... I pointed out the same thing for a lot of other teams.

At least thats the way I took your post.

Ahh .. understandable .... I'm not a LSU fan, I'm a Razorback fan ... and several players were playing hurt , and yes then you are correct a lot of games outcomes might have been different.
A healthy LSU will play a good game .. and as i haven't seen Ohio State play this year. can't comment on how they will match up.... hopefull both teams will be over their hurts and give us a game worthy of a NC game.

IF your going to do that then Oregon would like a recount, if Dixon is healthy, THEY are the best team in the country.

Jimbo

I can think of one team that lost two games against teams with Heisman Trophy candidates, each in 3OTs, because their top defensive player was hurt due to an illegal chopblock in a previous game; as well as both their starting QB and best defensive back having to play with ankle sprains.

But, then again, they had a few calls go their way in certain games, so it's best to pretend not to remember them. :D

Jimbo

I would like FLORIDA to have another shot at Georgia with a healthy Tebow, But you can't so we'll have to live with that.

BTW, Georgia right now I believe is the best team in college football.(just puked in my mouth)

I would like FLORIDA to have another shot at Georgia with a healthy Tebow, But you can't so we'll have to live with that.

BTW, Georgia right now I believe is the best team in college football.(just puked in my mouth)

Georgia is no better than the teams already in the BCSCG, and less deserving in my opinion. They didn't do what was necessary to make their conference CG and say they shouldn't be punished for that. However, they're happy to see #1 Missouri, a team that actually did earn the right to play in their CG get punished for losing it, then turn around and say LSU shouldn't be rewarded for earning and winning theirs. They want it both ways, and that's ridiculous. They're lucky to be where they are because the teams they beat to get there were battered and bruised by other teams anyway.

Crybabies. :river

I can think of one team that lost two games against teams with Heisman Trophy candidates, each in 3OTs, because their top defensive player was hurt due to an illegal chopblock in a previous game; as well as both their starting QB and best defensive back having to play with ankle sprains.

But, then again, they had a few calls go their way in certain games, so it's best to pretend not to remember them. :D

Sorry dude, your right, had Dorsey ben heakthy , theres another situation whaere another team would have definatly benifited

So add LSU into the list of injuries I mentioned earlier.

LSU are the champions of the toughest conference in college football. It took six overtimes for them to have two losses to two teams going bowling. Combined record of teams they lost to: 15-9. Easy choice as number 2.
I disagree...they are a two loss team in "not-the-toughest" conference in college football. A one loss Kansas team should be matched up with OSU in the BCS championship game. Additionally, there are a handful of equally deserving two loss teams out there: Georgia, USC, Missouri, etc. The BCS is a joke.

Which ones? I mean here is a link that has it right. Ohio State #1 and LSU #2, according to average rankings.

College Football Ranking Summary
I think he means the ones used in the BCS calculation:
ESPN - College Football BCS Standings, NCAA College Football BCS Standings, NCAA Football BCS Standings
They have Virginia Tech as #1, followed by LSU and Ohio State.

But Va Tech has no right to complain though, as LSU already beat them badly earlier this year, so LSU should get the call before Va Tech.

Same goes for Georgia, LSU got the SEC Championship, and beat the team that crushed the Dawgs.

I think he means the ones used in the BCS calculation:
ESPN - College Football BCS Standings, NCAA College Football BCS Standings, NCAA Football BCS Standings
They have Virginia Tech as #1, followed by LSU and Ohio State.

But Va Tech has no right to complain though, as LSU already beat them badly earlier this year, so LSU should get the call before Va Tech.

Same goes for Georgia, LSU got the SEC Championship, and beat the team that crushed the Dawgs.

AND Georgia, did not qualify for the own conference championship....so "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

i will agree if tebow had been healthy, georgia would have lost that game. but that still would have left florida with 2 losses and i'm not sure i would have supported another shot at the title. an at-large BCS berth or even a shot at the SEC title, definitely.

I disagree...they are a two loss team in "not-the-toughest" conference in college football. A one loss Kansas team should be matched up with OSU in the BCS championship game. Additionally, there are a handful of equally deserving two loss teams out there: Georgia, USC, Missouri, etc. The BCS is a joke.

Really - you think Kansas is more deserving to be in the BCSCG than LSU? :confused:

Kansas only played 2 teams that in the end finished with winning records, and lost to one easily. LSU played 7 and lost to 2, both in 3OTs. One team finished in the top 25 from Kansas' schedule - Missouri #7. 7 teams finished in the top 25 from LSU's schedule - Va Tech at #5, Florida at #9, Auburn at #22, Arkansas at #25, and Tennessee at #16. The combined total losses of Kansas' opponents was 81. The combined total losses of LSU's opponents, 66. Kansas did not qualify to play in their conference's CG. LSU won theirs.

If you want to knock LSU out of the BCSCG, I'd use a better team. :)

Kansas has the same knock against it as Georgia.
Did not win their conference.

I would choose Southern Cal before Kansas or Georgia, as they did win their conference . But in a tie with LSU and Southern Cal, I would go with LSU do to the closeness of their losses (both in triple overtime) and strength of schedule.

Va Tech also won theirs, but they played LSU this year and lost badly, so LSU gets that tie breaker.

Ohio State on the other hand, only BCS conference champ with a single loss (only by a single touchdown), there is no question to them getting the other slot.

Ohio state would not be there if Wisconsin would have held on to that nice lead they had at halftime. That was with an injured Starting running back. But they did win that game, and as far as I am concerned the BCS almost got it right...Missouri definatly got screwed. Other then that, everything looks good to me. As far as Hawaii, who really knows, they didn't play any high caliber teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts