The Best Blind Scanning Receiver You've Ever Used?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am surprised that no 1 listed a Satopia, I haved used 1 for almost a year an it is not fastest like the Traxis but it will scan in an lock an play signals with a real low SR that other receivers wont. an it has several ways to blind scan a satellite, 1 thru 5mhz, an it has found channels that pansat, coolsat, an the traxis has missed, but when you run it in the 1mhz scan it is not the fastest by far, but does a real good job at scanning in low SR.

have a 10-foot glass commercal dish, an have lost Nasa on AMC-7 (due to neighbors tree), an keep a Coolie5000 slaved of a 922, put the Satopia on that dish to try it out when I 1st got it, an I was shocked that it played the Nasa channels with out breaking up or pixellation, with the Coolsat they are un watchable.

but for the speed of scanning an playing got to be the Traxis hands down, it is so fast, an does a fair to a good job finding stations. but all in all the Traxis is 1 great receiver, an for the price it is hard to beat.

An I have used an owen a lot of dvb receivers, always have like Pansats they all have did a decent job scanning in stations ( Pan-300a was my 1st receiver). but the worst has to be a Viewsat, bought a 9000 last year when the 1st came out an was happy when it was delivered here an was so glad when I sold it, didn't like it at all, an it needs a strong signal, an would miss over 1/2 the stations scanning.

Wow. Cool responses. And very diverse. What do I think? :)

Coolsat 5000- Probably the second best I've used. A little slow, misses some low SR signals, misses some signals entirely sometimes....

Traxis 3500 - As much as some guys like it, I didn't. The fact that it locked up on a 4:2:2 or HD feed was a deal breaker for me, and the GUI wasn't so easy to use, either.

Sonicview 4000 - Probably the best I have used. It caught EVERYTHING that the Coolsat did PLUS the low SR TP's, was reasonably fast, and it told you what it found as it found it. If it just wasn't so squirrley with a motor I'd still have it.

Visionsat- I wanted to like it, but the fact that you don't know what you are scanning until its done is a non starter. Plus when I had mine it was buggy, but I have been told they got it better.

Coolsat 7000 - See Visionsat, but worse.

I think that's all of them I have tried...I may have missed one. :)

Traxis 3500 very good scan and fast, I have had, Satwork (both), Pansat (2700, 3500, 5000) good scan but very slow, Manhattan Plaza ST350, Matrix, Coship, Coolsat slow and good scan, Fortec Ultra slow and bad scan, Europa 2000 and other, but the Traxis 3500 is the best.
Saludos
Hiebert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts