the best bud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
hi guys

what do you guys think is the best bud of all time?maybe even trade the wife for ...lol

Last edited:
I have a 10' Winegard pinnacle and it is a deep dish and it really draws in the signals along with quality! It is a very heavy dish and seem well built. I do not know if it is the best but I am very pleased with the performance. It outdoes other local BUDS! :)

shopping list:

I don't think either of the dishes in my signature would qualify, and I really -like- them!
Guess it depends on what your requirements are.
Mine have been met. - :up

I would think something in the 12 foot size (or larger if you can get one) might be a consideration.
I'm partial to molded dishes, but don't know how well really big ones hold up.
Wouldn't want any mesh, though perforated would be dandy.

And it should have a Horizon-to-Horizon motorized mount! - :eek:
Both mine do.

Recently saw a 16' solid that Linuxman came up with.
Looked great, but real heavy, and would require the pouring of a concrete foundation to hold it.
So, you -can- go too far! :D

The mesh dishes are just fine, but if you live in a place with bad weather they have to be repainted every few years. That can be a chore. Living in Phoenix though, I never had that problem thank God.

I'd have to second the 3m Pinnacle as being a contender. Radio astronomers, who live for digging the weakest signals out of the noise, pretty much only use deep dishes because they maximize signal-to-noise ratios. Deep dishes can have lower gain with an improperly matched feed and can be finicky to set up, but with the right feed and some effort they are awfully hard to beat. Pinnacles have about the lowest f/D I've seen for a BUD and are very well built.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts