The Best of Laugh In on LPB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

upnatm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
North-East Lake Superior
I was just browsing some TV schedules and spotted this on LPB (AMC-21).

"The Best of Laugh In", tonight at 11:00 pm Central.

Guaranteed a few good laughs!

Cheers!

Hi Pixl,

I started this thread last Saturday evening, before I realized I can't get this channel. I tried valiantly
to get it, but no joy.

I was using LPB's spec's from SatHint, "The List" shows 8PSK rather than QPSK, all else is the same.

125w AMC-21
12072 H 16666 3/5 DVB S-2 QPSK

LyngSat shows THESE spec's for LPB, but I overlooked them on Saturday and haven't tried them yet.

125W AMC-21
12068 H 12474 3/5 8PSK

I'd like to try again for the channel right now, but my dish (10'mesh) has now got too much snow for 8PSK-Ku.
Plus, we've had several power outages here for the last few hours, and my GBox has gone wacky because of them.

Anybody else have reliable TPs for this channel?

Cheers.

Hey, I'm back.

I just swept the wet snow from the dish, glad I did cuz it's gonna freeze later!

I tried for LPB again on AMC-21, and I got it in, but borderline watchable. The polar-axis
bushings on my mount are worn, and a good breeze will push it away from an 8PSK signal.

Here's the numbers that worked for me; 12069 H 12475 3/5 DVB S-2 8PSK

Well, I wish I had've tried that on Saturday night! But then again, 49%Q just reaffirms that
my dish and LNB need some proper repairs and re-adjustment! (once the snow is gone)

Cheers.

Tried your numbers, no go for me. I'm seeing six horz.TP's on this sat (no vert on this dish) all coming in at 70% Q or higher. With such strong signals I don't know why I can't see your LPB service. This is on a fixed 1.2m dish. I went out and tweaked it but no improvement.
I want Laugh-in!

I just tried tuning in again, nothing. I've read that this channel comes and goes during the day, best in the morning?

Signal seems to drop out when there's something good to watch.

I'm hoping for better results after I rework my dish in the spring.

Cheers.

Hi Pixl,

I started this thread last Saturday evening, before I realized I can't get this channel. I tried valiantly
to get it, but no joy.

The LPB MUX is the weakest TP of all the PBS stuff. Montana PBS comes in second although they may have bumped up the power recently. For me LPB comes in marginally during the day but loses all signal at night. I wish they would dial up the power a little to equal the other transponders.

I wonder if LPB is on a narrow footprint transponder. Here in New Orleans (80 miles from the uplink), I get LPB as strong as any other TP on 125W. The reception does not vary from daytime to nighttime.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MeTv1

Primestar dish, which LNB is best?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)