The BEST western movie EVER

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As far as comedy westerns, I really liked Maverick and Three Amigos

My favorites for dramatic western are High Noon and True Grit (I have to go with the original as I haven't seen the new one yet)
As for comedies I'd go with McLintock and The Cockeyed Cowboys of Calico County (Starring Dan Blocker)

Overall I'd go with just about anything starring John Wayne, Clint Eastwood (except for Bridges of Madison County), or Robert Duvall.

The Cowboys: Still the Absolute Best Western of All Time

We have mentined almost every western and cowboy movie ever made, even comedies and sci-fi derivations. But, I am bullheaded and staunch in my initial decision...

"The Cowboys" has to be the absolute best all around movie for every aspect of a "western/cowboy" movie. Just because it revolves around the "kids" doesn't make it a lesser western. In fact, it makes it all that much more perfect.

Just think of the absolute classics "High Noon" or "True Grit"... They ooze a lesson in morality, honor to duty and dedication and devotion to a noble cause. Which is precisely what "The Cowboys" instills in the viewer. The "kids" grow from "cowboys" to "cowmen" within the movie.

Just perfection if you ask me.

RADAR

Last edited:
You guys have to guess what movie I am watching right now! Oh... A western, starring John Wayne and a dozen teenagers? Yep! I like this movie, and I do think that it is the best!

Is it just me, or is this the best western movie ever made? Maybe it is just me.

Nawh, this IS the best western movie ever made! Sorry, but I am right once again! You guys won't understand untill you watch it for yourself. Many of you don't understand my thinking, but I know that there is MORE than one person out there that agrees with me. There has to be!

Well, c'mon... We're burning daylight! LOL!

You must watch this movie. It is that good. A lot of movies go unnoticed. This is not one that you should let pass you by. This is a classic flick. True Grit is great, The Good The Bad and the Ugly is awesome. But, this is better. Don't believe me? Watch the movie! I garuantee that even if you don't agree with me, you will still say that this is one of the best movies you have ever seen.

I need one of you to watch this movie. You don't have to agree that it is the best ever. I just think that you will.

Radar

You guys have to guess what movie I am watching right now! Oh... A western, starring John Wayne and a dozen teenagers? Yep! I like this movie, and I do think that it is the best!

Is it just me, or is this the best western movie ever made? Maybe it is just me.

Nawh, this IS the best western movie ever made! Sorry, but I am right once again! You guys won't understand untill you watch it for yourself. Many of you don't understand my thinking, but I know that there is MORE than one person out there that agrees with me. There has to be!

Well, c'mon... We're burning daylight! LOL!

You must watch this movie. It is that good. A lot of movies go unnoticed. This is not one that you should let pass you by. This is a classic flick. True Grit is great, The Good The Bad and the Ugly is awesome. But, this is better. Don't believe me? Watch the movie! I garuantee that even if you don't agree with me, you will still say that this is one of the best movies you have ever seen.

I need one of you to watch this movie. You don't have to agree that it is the best ever. I just think that you will.

Radar

The Cowboys!

The Cowboys!

Yep! You got it Ramy! How on earth did you guess? LOL

Heh! I am just having fun, but I really do LOVE this movie. I like Roscoe Lee Brown's atonement to his maker near the end of the movie.

There aren't many movie lines that are better than this. This is one of the all time best lines... "Forgive me for the men that I have killed in anger, and for those I am about to."

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd4VAjNkY6E

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)