The BEST western movie EVER

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is what I have on my westerns drive...

Dfergie,

I am using your list as a reference guide, thanks! One movie you listed strikes me well... Winchester '73! Very good selection!

But, you cannot include the "Three Amigos", that is not a western! Ha Ha, that is a comedy! Good night Lucky, Good night Dusty... Say Goodnight Ned... Goodnight Ned. :)

That is my favorite part, the tortoise saying goodnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HdlYVKBUVE

Happy Trails to You!

RADAR

Last edited:
Cat Ballou, good, got it, While were in the wayback machine, anyone remember Son of Pale Face? with Bob Hope?

Yes, I remember that, but not so well as I remember "The Shakiest Gun In The West" with Don Knotts! Both were hilarious, but I think I like Shakiest Gun best.

I need to put Son of Pale Face on my Netflix list, immediately though, gotta see that one again! Its been a long time.

RADAR

A great western I don't see mentioned yet is "Winchester 73" with James Stewart.
One of the most realistic gunfight scenes ever staged in a western movie at the end.
And yes, it is possible for an expert to hit coins tossed in the air with a rifle. Herb Parsons, who was standing off-camera did the trick shooting for real in this movie. He was also technical advisor for the gunfight sequences.

Another one not yet mentioned is "My Darling Clementine" with Henry Fonda as Wyatt Earp and Walter Brennan as Old Man Clanton.

My favorite John Wayne western would have to be "Red River", where the Duke comes as close as he ever does to playing a bad guy.

For a western comedy, it's hard to beat "McClintock" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.

Last edited:
A great western I don't see mentioned yet is "Winchester 73" with James Stewart.
One of the most realistic gunfight scenes ever staged in a western movie at the end.
And yes, it is possible for an expert to hit coins tossed in the air with a rifle. Herb Parsons, who was standing off-camera did the trick shooting for real in this movie. He was also technical advisor for the gunfight sequences.

Another one not yet mentioned is "My Darling Clementine" with Henry Fonda as Wyatt Earp and Walter Brennan as Old Man Clanton.

My favorite John Wayne western would have to be "Red River", where the Duke comes as close as he ever does to playing a bad guy.

For a western comedy, it's hard to beat "McClintock" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.

We hit on Winchester '73 as it was in Dfergie's list, but I don't think anyone had mentioned My Darling Clementine! Classic! I like the M*A*S*H episode that incorporated that film, too!

RADAR

-You be William Money, killer of Women and Children
--Yeah, I'm William Money and I come here to git ya for what you done to Ned
LATER
-I don't to deserve to die like a dog like this
--Deserve's got nothin' to do with it........

(Nothing beats The Unforgiven for blunt violence in the name of what's good and right. The myth lives on!):lick

Hmm, OK, let's go ultra-fictional, western style. Anyone remember this one?

WELCOME to DELOS! Please go to your color coded tram which will take you to the world of your choice.
Give your name to the attendant.
We are sure you will enjoy your stay in West World. When you are there, please do what ever you want.
There are no rules and you should feel free to indulge in your every whim. Do not be afraid of hurting anything or of hurting yourself.
Nothing can go wrong.
You will enjoy your stay in Roman World. While you are there, please feel free to indulge your every whim.
Medeival World exists for you, the guest.
Nothing can go wrong.

So seventies! Check this one out, it's wild if you have not seen it.

RADAR

Last edited:
Another of my favorites that is not technically a western... "The Postman"

Hey dfergie,

Do you remember the movie I mentiond just above? I just reviewed it for the first time in years. Ole Yul Brynner is the nasty gunfighter gone bezerk! It is a Micheal Crichton film from the early or mid '70s. It's worth the time for a late night thriller movie. A little old style, but still ok.

RADAR

I am going through my archives and transferring all my old movies to my AZBox HDD. Just happened to run into this one, WESTWORLD. I enjoyed it afer not seeing it for years.

RADAR

Speaking of westerns, does anyone remember the short-lived TV series "Overland Trail"? I picked up about half of the episodes that were ever produced on E-Bay in the 16mm film format. These are probably syndication prints. They are very hard to find, and the prints are in good shape. I'm looking forward to screening them...

Speaking of westerns, does anyone remember the short-lived TV series "Overland Trail"? I picked up about half of the episodes that were ever produced on E-Bay in the 16mm film format. These are probably syndication prints. They are very hard to find, and the prints are in good shape. I'm looking forward to screening them...

I vaguley remember the series, I think they showed it on Sunday afternoons back before football took over weekend tv. A screening in real film would be great! What time does it start and do you serve popcorn!

Of the spaghetti westerns mentioned in here, missing is the little known but best of all. A Fistful of Dynamite.

nds87s.jpg

Clint Eastwood didn't want the part, went to James Coburn. This is another one of those movies with strange music and long stares from everybody, and not much dialog, becoming a form of art today.

YouTube - A Fistful of Dynamite Trailer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts