The Big Bang Theory

Missed seeing that button (before I posted??). After I entered the post, I just got a "Cant post to old threads, hit OK to cancel" type warning. No option.

I think all of us nerds would like to be Leonard. He's the guy who has a clue how the normal world operates. He understands, but isn't quite like the others. Unfortunately, we probably have some of all of them in us. For example, my wife always accused me of being so logical when we argued. Yep, her point? Isn't logic at the core of any argument? (hint: no!)

I also think the non-nerds like the show because it allows them to have a laugh at our expense. They always present the nerd thinking at a level where the "normal" person can almost get it well enough to find it funny.

Don't feel bad about missing the bump-over-ride. IT happened to me too, and I am an admin. :)

YES, Leonard is very much likable. Sheldon, on the other hand, has serious problems. Although funny as hell. (The line about the Sarah Connor had me rolling on the floor) . AND every geek loves the idea of Leonard getting the hot chick... even if he doesn't quite know what to do with her, or how to interact with her. :D

Don't feel bad about missing the bump-over-ride. IT happened to me too, and I am an admin. :)

YES, Leonard is very much likable. Sheldon, on the other hand, has serious problems. Although funny as hell. (The line about the Sarah Connor had me rolling on the floor) .

My son and I were absolutely rolling on the floor at that one, as well. The women folk, of course, just rolled their eyes. :)

At the end of all the Chuck Lorre shows, he does a note.

Here is this week's:

Dear George Lucas,

May I call you Mr. Lucas? On behalf of the writers of THE BIG BANG THEORY, I would like to thank you foryour astounding body of work, which has awakened the child within us and unleashed our dreams. That being said, we hope you don't take offense at our good-natured jest regarding your most recent animated efforts. Yes, they were cheap shots, but we can't help hold you to a higher standard -- a standard of your own making. In closing, we are all looking forward to Indiana Jones 5 - The Curse of the Golden Catheter. Oops, sorry again.

Very truly yours,

The Writers

PS To William Shatner, director of Star Trek 5. Go ahead, sue us.

:D

That was absolutely hilarious. I absolutely love this show. Must be the nerd in me. My girlfriend rolls her eyes a lot too during this show.

S~

Two DVRs... :D Big Bang and 2.5 Men on one; Sarah, Chuck, and Heroes on the other. ;)

Rock... paper... scissors... SPOCK!

The 722 definitely gets a work out on Monday night for me. Big Bang, 2.5, Chuck, Sarah, Heroes, and CSI: Miami. 3 HD recordings at one time is a beautiful thing!

Close....
Rock... paper... scissors... Lizard... Spock! ;)

hehe I love that show.

-Mike

Yes, and like Chuck, it definitely makes the most out of the female lead's assets. :D

Plus, where else on television (other than the occasional Jack O'Neill or John Sheppard quip on Stargate) do characters talk about Star Trek and Star Wars? :)

Have they ever made reference to SG1?

Yes, and like Chuck, it definitely makes the most out of the female lead's assets. :D

Plus, where else on television (other than the occasional Jack O'Neill or John Sheppard quip on Stargate) do characters talk about Star Trek and Star Wars? :)

Have they ever made reference to SG1?

Not that I remember.

I only caught the end of it when I got back to my hotel room yesterday, but what I saw was hilarious. Penny giving Sheldon a Leonard Nimoy autograph on a dirty restaurant napkin. It was classic. "I have Leonard Nimoy's DNA! All I need is an ovum!"

And then the hug was great. Jim Parsons deserves to win an emmy. Or two of them.

I only caught the end of it when I got back to my hotel room yesterday, but what I saw was hilarious. Penny giving Sheldon a Leonard Nimoy autograph on a dirty restaurant napkin. It was classic. "I have Leonard Nimoy's DNA! All I need is an ovum!"

And Penny's response: "Look, all I'm giving you is a napkin"

The last 5 minutes was the best of it, but that single episode might make it worth buying the season.

This episode was a nice change. Back to being really funny. Had been getting a little bored with it but this turns it back around.

The show is funny but I can't see the premise continuing on forever. Unless you are going to rename it the Sheldon show. I thought that the guy who plays Leonard would of been the star since he was an actor in Roseanne , but now it looks like Sheldon has stolen the show. They need to move it along in story or they will stagnate. How many episodes can you watch with Sheldon being a social inept person ?

This week was hilarious. It was a "Saturnalia miracle."

And did you see the text on the screen, when Penny gave him the Nimoy autograph. "You can buy star trek memorabilia at store.startrek.com" Or something like that. Pathetic if you ask me. But the episode was worth the small ad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)