The Blacklist

I just rewatched the second half of the last episode. I remain convinced the death was a scheme hatched by Kaplan and Liz will return, either in the last episode or next season. With Tom possibly going off in a different show that makes me think the baby will end up with someone else. Back to the adoption maybe?

With Megan Boone being pregnant in real life, it would have been very hard to cover it up in the show. They had no choice but to add the pregnancy into the storyline. Whatever happens next is up to what Megan Boone decides, & we probably won't know her decision until next season. They most likely already have the rest of this season wrapped up & in the can, post Megan Boone's maternity leave.

I wish they would come up with a special episode with a summary of all the clues about the Red - Liz relationship.

Otherwise I´ll have to do my homework and re-watch a bunch of episodes.

Based on what I had understood and last night's episode:

The woman we saw last night (Katarina) is Lizzie's biologial mother, a Russian spy.

I understand she committed suicide, which is something that Red didn't want to tell Liz and he never did. :(

I believe Red wasn't Lizzie's father. but her "father" wasn't her biological father (the one Red killed in the hospital), so Who´s the real biological father? :confused:

This last episode took me by surprise, some promos showed as next episode the funeral.

Anyway, next episode will be the funeral.

I believe, Lizzie won't be back from the dead, and the show will continue somehow, Tom and Solomon and Scottie going to the spinoff, maybe giving opportunity for some crossovers.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I watched this last episode again.

I think I have a better idea now on the background of Red and Lizzie´s mother.

So Lizzie´s real name was Masha. mmm..

At first I thought he was talking about Liz and baby Agnes, but as the show moved on, I realized he was talking about Katerina and Liz.

I think there are still some pieces of the puzzle to be found and put in place.

My wife and I finished this episode and both basically said "WTF was that?". I get that they were trying to show how messed up Red is by Liz's death/"death", but wow. That was a cluster. We already knew that Liz's mom had walked off into the ocean and was never heard from again. Not sure the episode gave us anything than to say that I think it is obvious that Red was not in on any potential fake death. The question is, was it real or not.

Reactions: teachsac
Did you reach any more conclusions about the Red-Lizzie relationship from the last episode?

I think just a few. BTW did you notice that when Red was fighting those imaginary goons (who were they? I still don´t know, but those were the guys chasing Katerina in real life) the flag was upside down, and it wasn´t like that when he arrived, Did he put it upside down? or was that also his imagination?

But I still have doubts,

Example, Red really believes Katarina (Lizzie´s mother) killed herself by going into the ocean, but why did Red tell Liz in the first episode that her mother died in weakness and shame?

Maybe as I mentioned, Red wanted to keep that secret from Liz at all costs, to the cost of killing her adoptive father, to the extent of burning that document he went to all that trouble to find in a grave.

So far, my conclusion is that:

Liz is really very dead, and won´t come back from the dead.

Red loved Katerina, but Liz was not Red's daughter.

The criminal father who abandoned Liz was the real biological father, I still don´t know exactly who that was.

BTW I still wonder about the full story on how Red went from a bright Navy Intelligence guy to a criminal.

The father who adopted Liz, knew all the story, and he wanted to tell Liz, that´s the reason why Red killed him in the hospital.

Red hired Tom to keep close track of Liz, now with Liz dead, Red could kill Tom, except he just can´t and won´t because of baby Agnes.

But why did Red wanted to keep secrets from Liz? if he told her at least part of them....:confused:

Guess I'll have to watch again old episodes and try to find more clues.

I think just a few. BTW did you notice that when Red was fighting those imaginary goons (who were they? I still don´t know, but those were the guys chasing Katerina in real life) the flag was upside down, and it wasn´t like that when he arrived, Did he put it upside down? or was that also his imagination?

But I still have doubts,

Example, Red really believes Katarina (Lizzie´s mother) killed herself by going into the ocean, but why did Red tell Liz in the first episode that her mother died in weakness and shame?

Maybe as I mentioned, Red wanted to keep that secret from Liz at all costs, to the cost of killing her adoptive father, to the extent of burning that document he went to all that trouble to find in a grave.

So far, my conclusion is that:

Liz is really very dead, and won´t come back from the dead.

Red loved Katerina, but Liz was not Red's daughter.

The criminal father who abandoned Liz was the real biological father, I still don´t know exactly who that was.

BTW I still wonder about the full story on how Red went from a bright Navy Intelligence guy to a criminal.

The father who adopted Liz, knew all the story, and he wanted to tell Liz, that´s the reason why Red killed him in the hospital.

Red hired Tom to keep close track of Liz, now with Liz dead, Red could kill Tom, except he just can´t and won´t because of baby Agnes.

But why did Red wanted to keep secrets from Liz? if he told her at least part of them....:confused:

Guess I'll have to watch again old episodes and try to find more clues.

I'm guessing that Red considers suicide "weakness and shame".

Reactions: lakebum431